WTB new gfx card

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Katiechops, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

2. Offline

Paran Classic Guild Member

btw. do not install this.
  3. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

5. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

thanks mate 770 GTX it is
  6. Offline

Koja Veteran BOON

No KC get 780Ti ! MSI one
  7. Offline

Tesshu Veteran BOON

8. Offline

Koja Veteran BOON

9. Offline

Tesshu Veteran BOON

For 780TI KC should change CPU :p
  10. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Its almost twice the price dude,, I am upgrading from a 470,,, the 770 is more than enough for me, I am too Scottish to splash the cash
  11. Offline

adagio Moderator

12. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Thanks fo rall the help guys just ordered the MSI 770GTX, as I said its more than enought for what I need
  13. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Why is that?
  14. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

From my experience it is incredibly clunky and slow at times, the "recommended" graphic options for games are not really useful for people who prefer to control every setting by themselves. Also 60fps>graphical fidelity for me.

But other than that it's pretty ok to check beta drivers updates, I had Raptr from AMD before and its no better than Geforce Experience (actually quite worse if not for the rewards)
  15. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

yeah I am like Furie 60fps>what game looks like, likely why I manage to last so long with old gfx cards tbh :p
  16. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Go with a GTX 770, they are nice cards, well within your stingy arse price range and will last you a good few years. Nvidias beta drivers are the way to go and don't fret about the Experience app - I have it installed on one of my machines but have never used it!
  17. Offline

Bluestar Veteran BOON

dude, why not wait a week for the new 970´s? :/
  18. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

MONEY!!!! if i was just buying a top end card I wouldn't need this thread, it was to get the best bang for buck for under 200 quid.
  19. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Oh dear, didn't realise you were that worried about the 18th :p
  20. Offline

Bluestar Veteran BOON

u doubt the new 970´s is going to be alot more expensive than the current one?