Winamp is closing down

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TOMMCAT, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

Winamp.com and associated web services will no longer be available past December 20, 2013. Additionally, Winamp Media players will no longer be available for download. Please download the latest version before that date. See release notes for latest improvements to this last release.
    Thanks for supporting the Winamp community for over 15 years.

http://www.winamp.com/media-player/en
  2. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Been using Winamp for over 10 years. Switched to http://aimp.ru/ a week ago and loving it so far.
  3. Offline

Sheebaa Veteran BOON

i grew up with winamp and napster :) ... sad times
  4. Offline

Law Community Member

I used Winamp when It 1st came out, not used it in years. Funny thing is as soon as Youtube came out I have never used anything else since. I sold every CD I had, never buy music. Youtube changed my life!
  5. Offline

Feidan Community Member

I still have some of my old CDs and cassettes somewhere. Probably the most useless things in my house.
  6. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

I still use v2.* never liked the newer ones as the EQ sounded weird and didn't like all the fluff
  7. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

I stopped using mp3 readers ages ago, streaming services do just fine to me.
  8. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

Been using Winamp for bout 14 years, still gets the job done reliably without the need for any patching so I don't see how this will change anything for the people that still use it for music. Just save the installation file somewhere :D
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

It wont be whipping the llamas ass anymore.
  10. Offline

Castspellar Community Member

I use Spotify and its awsome
  11. Offline

Law Community Member

I was late to Steam, Facebook and all the other shit. Everyone say's use Spotify but tbh Youtube+Repeat gives me everything I could need.
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Spotify is great if you like advertisements.
  13. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

Personally spotify and such does not have a lot of the music i like, grooveshark is better for me but i still use mp3's
  14. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

there is no advertisements if you pay like 8 euros a month for it :p lets you stream it on your tablet and phone as well
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

True, but I still use other methods.