Which comp? Help me choose...

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Jame, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Offline

Jame Community Member

Ok, ty! What would you say is average mount? 1000€? Less? More? :)

Edit. Think I need to spend atleast 1200€ to get one with i7...
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Just edited out my triple post, gotta love a laggy 3G connection on your phone.

Personally, if I was looking to build myself a good PC, but not "the best", I would be looking to spend about £700 to £800. I spent that on my current PC 3 years ago as I didn't feel like there was any games coming out that warranted a top spec PC, and tbh this PC has been bullet proof. It runs every game I have bought since I building the PC on max settings with no issues. The only changes I have made to my PC since building it was to add a second graphics card which I did when the model of card I am using went on sale (I got what was a £200+ card at the time of the build for £99 because the new cards were out). Apart from the second graphics card, I added an SSD two weeks ago and that's it.

I know people who spent £1500 at the same time as me when I built mine and I can still play all the same games as them on the same settings and although I have slightly less fps, we are talking numbers that are not visible with the human eye. So yea, I spent half what they spent and 3 years later, my PC can still do what theirs can do without breaking a sweat.

Don't get me wrong though, if there was a sudden jump in graphics in games that meant we needed new PC's to play on the top spec, I would upgrade my PC in a moment, it's just I really don't see the point in buying the top end parts right now when there is absolutely no need for them.

So yea, personally I would suggest keeping the costs down and going for an average spec rather than top end because there is nothing that requires top end right now when it comes to gaming. I would recommend i7 if your doing a lot of video editing, as it will be faster, but you can use an i5 and it will still be fine. I think like half of the guild are using i5 2500K processors at the moment and getting on fine with them. I would however urge you to grab an SSD for your OS and GW2 and use an older HDD for storage and all other applications and games. I recently made this upgrade myself and it is incredible.
  3. Offline

Jame Community Member

So, going to order this: Tarjous Katja.pdf (offer from the company). Would be 100€ cheaper if I didn't take the express delivery, but ye... not gonna be without a computer for several weeks so I rather pay for that. Ideally I guess Asus GPU would've been a better choice, but they don't have any currently in stock and would take too long to get one. Going to replace the laptop with this one and have it as a secondary computer after I get it back.

Thank you all for helping me out!

Attached Files:

4. Offline

Tal The Architect

5. Offline

Tumbleweed Classic Guild Member

Don't worry about the GPU maker, Gigabyte make pretty good cards nowadays, only problem with yours might be the stupid WindForce coolers that tend to be a little...fragile :) No need to worry much about them either though, they will make a lot of rattling noise to warn you before they break down, if that will come to happen. IMO the most reliable GPU maker I've crossed paths with so far is EVGA, really solid build and they back that up with a lifetime warranty (last I checked anyway).