Troll Convicted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katiechops, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

If people like this are the only ones that get convicted I have no problem with that, just hoping they don't start listening to people who complain about less serious matters though. It will though.
  2. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

We've lost a lot of the sticks-and-stones mentality over the last few years which is sad, but still means we'll have to alter our behaviour. Not everyone is internet-savvy enough to know to not take things seriously, and those people can certainly be bullied and harassed the same way most people can in real life. Sending someone a death-threat PM is equivalent to mailing them one, even if many internetusers don't see it that way (IE: probably most people on this forum).

For me the saddest part is that people get offended so easily.
  3. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I agree, but in the case of this case, its not being unreasonably upset. Why should people have to put up with more obscene shit online than irl.

The way I see it, I take the piss out of mates online and irl. I spark arguments with people online and irl.

I would not start bullying, and/or harassing a grieving family irl so I don't online.

That's where I think there is a huge difference with this case and most other cases of trolling and baiting.
  4. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

it's ridiculous them putting jail time out for this. I agree the prick should be jailed, but seeing as they refuse to jail the religious dicks who insist on protesting at the funerals of soldiers who died for their country, this shouldn't happen either.

they can only have it one way or the other, not both..

if a soldier saw people from his country that he had protected protesting at his squad members funeral, and went and killed himself because of it, they wouldn't do shit to those protestors, not even as they continued to protect at that guys funeral too.
  5. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Low lifers are everywhere but its much easier to meet them on the Internet. Sometimes people don't understand with what kind of trash they are meeting here. Also a LOT of people will try to get rid of their stress, anger, hate by attacking people verbally. Thats how it always was but now its just easier.

If humanity had common sense the world would be a much better place.
  6. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

Yeah, lets hope they don't come on these forums. Many butthurd victims on here :D
  7. Offline

Well for starters it's a democracy, so you should be allowed say what ever you want within reason. As long as its not racist, sexist or similar. I agree with Maskerad, people are far too sensitive.

8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Having a right to free speech isn't the same as a right to be abusive to others. It's the same reason you could be arrested for swearing in public (if the police bothered mind you).

As for protesting at funerals, it's bad taste but not the same as what this man did.
    Protesting about the war cannot possibly compare with purposely and personally attacking the deceased in a bid to upset.

Those protestors should be moved on/ fined for breach of peace (ironic) but it's not comparable with maliciously targeting the vulnerable and bereft with personalised venom.

Sorry but it just doesn't compare imo.
  9. Offline

Angelo Community Member

So you just walk up to people and start calling them fucking idiots and harassing them with words etc, its fine because its freedom of speech and its within reason?
  10. Offline

The world is full of d**kheads guys, why are you all surprised? :)

11. Offline

Bluestar Veteran BOON

what happened to freedom of speach lol???? its the fkn internet, retard politicians trying to control it now... GG UK!!!!
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

1/10
  13. Offline

LoL > HoN

/discuss
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

/popcorn

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  15. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

so saul and doodle better not kill themselves when we troll swlol

and as mask said i guess over the years peoples unique personalities in boon has driven people insane to the brink of leaving us!

i dont think attacking people driving them to suicide is trolling tbh its more bullying
  16. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

All credit goes to Allstar.
  17. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

i did not read past this line in the article "Trolling is a phenomenon that has swept across websites in recent years. Online forums, Facebook pages and newspaper comment forms are bombarded with insults, provocations or threats."

copy pasted thats why its weird and i cba changing the font back, lol.

My point is this reporter has no idea what trolling means. What happend here was not trolling it was harassment. Trolling is meant to be fun or just annoying nothing else. And if you get offended by being annoyed than... yeah go fuck yourself =)
  18. Offline

Bluestar Veteran BOON

if you cant ahndle the internet, dont be on the internet then taaaaards!!!!!
  19. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I hate how the media has latched onto the work "troll" and is using it for every case of internet bullying.

Trolling is a art.
  20. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

True that. I thin kDoodle should open up Troll school and make a fortune.