Tribes Ascend

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aspira, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

ahh , good old Tribes. the FPS I played the most back in the day. good times, one of the best series out there.
  2. Offline

Kammie Community Member

I has mades a video.

ps. I only snipe

3. Offline

Feidan Community Member

In a game based fully around skill the amount of tokens needed to unlock just 1 class is ridiculous. You can't even find out about their build unless you already unlocked them. Though I am really enjoying the skying, jet packs and projective weapons.
  4. Offline

Saul Community Member

Lol a WW1 FPS game would be a load of people running out of a trench to die to Gatling gun and massive Artilary bombardment. :p
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

You can now try before you buy in practice maps.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  6. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Thank god. Still 500/15000 is expensive.
  7. Offline

Kammie Community Member

I agree, I think they should implment a LOL style free class rotation, where you can play a class for a week in real servers with people etc for free then it changes.
  8. Offline

adagio Moderator

Well if they made it to easy to get, they would hardly make any money.
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I would imagine that a system like this will make the final release, or at least something that allows you to try out the classes in a setting other than the empty training servers before buying.

Remember, beta is beta. :p
  10. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Even if they are hard to get, 500 coins is too expensive for one class but they will probably change that.
  11. Offline

adagio Moderator

What's difference between lol prices and tribes to unlock a character?
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

@Kammie - Finally watched your video. Pretty epic dude, nice work with the sniping. That super long headshot that you did the slow motion for in the clip was pretty epic dude.
  13. Offline

Kammie Community Member

All in a days work :)

The new patch changed the sniping scope though, its like learning again :( Ill probably record more and make a better vid but the effort of editing is putting me off
  14. Offline

Gizmodio Community Member

Oh i know that, id still enjoy it tho im sure.. besides as far as i know there is barely any WW1 games at all out there so it aint a very ''explored'' time era, could be fun :)
    expecially for folks like me that tend to go on inf only server on BF3 coz i hate ''unfair'' weapons like tanks, helicopters. i like it when games gives kinda the same tools to each player and whomever is the quickest, or most skilled would win, say in a perfectly crafted and balanced MMO you would have a veriety of different classes with different core mechanics and so forth but even so non would have any advantages on any other classes, it all comes down to whom plays the best. In BF3 a assault (like me) cant battle a tank, my 1 frag just wont do :p i know lots of you want to suggest MW3 for me now but i dislike games that takes place in our present and the future (specially the future) so thats why i tend to like medieval games, its a man, with a sword, against another man with a sword, the best swordsman would win right?

lol big block of texts that might not make any sense :p
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

In BF3 as an assault your not supposed to be able to deal with tanks. Your role is anti-infantry / medic.

In real life do you think every single soldier carries anti tank gear with them in a battlefield just in case they meet a tank and want to kill it ?

I disagree where you say in MMO's, no class ever has an advantage over other classes...... pretty much every MMO does. Each class is a counter to another class, this is how most MMO's work.
  16. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Though classes countering each other half of the time is an imbalance issue :p