The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by F U R I E, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I did it at level 1, was seriously surprised it hit tbh.
  2. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Oh no don't have any of those perks.

Anyway to get a dragon to land? Ive killed 2 so far but I seen a few flying around that just don't ever land.
  3. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

You need to lure him into some open space, after ingaging ofc.
  4. Offline

Felby Community Member

he just needs big enough space to actually land, if there isnt any close by I usually just ignore it and continue on my way
    trust me, there will be enough dragons
  5. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Woaah! That lighthouse quest is indeed very nice. It's located quite remote though.

Also Blackreach is soo big :confused:
  6. Offline

Saul Community Member

Got a serious case of Man flu this weekend, and a really bad cough, so thought I would lay off BF3 and take a look at Skyrim as I can ease off, leave, etc, when feeling like shit, which I can't do in BF3.

Anyway.. I thought ok I like Fallout, not a huge fanboi, but I appreciate Bethesda's skillz. I also tried and failed to get into Oblivion prior to getting Skyrim, and I am aware that the story is all Nordic tastic and appeals to you Scandies more than us Brits, also Aspira's review of the ui, etc was less than flattering.

Firstly I agree with Aspira, the Ui is shite, but you do get used to it the more you play it.

However Skyrim is the first game ive really seen a huge difference in having all my settings on ultra, due to my new rig.. I have to say it is one of the most stunning RPG's ive ever played. And I have been playing from early evening to 4am on both Fri and Sat.

In Short it is a master class in atmosphere, story telling, and action packed RPG heaven.. I was impressed with Witcher 2 compared to Dragon Age, with Dragon Age Origins just winning, but for me Skyrim is the best RPG ive ever played...
  7. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

all I read :D
  8. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

I still need to find someone who disliked Skyrim after playing it ^^
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Me.

I played it for about an hour and a half and then gave up through sheer frustration.

The combat is too slow and the UI is the most unfriendly PC UI ever.

I might go back to it once there are good mods out as FO:NV was insanely good once the good mods came out, but in its current version, I just find Skyrim frustrating. Sure the graphics are really good and the story (from what I seen of it) seemed to be good enough to make me want to play more, but the combination of a UI that made me want to smash my face into a wall every time I had to navigate any menus and a combat system that is so slow I felt like I could go make a cup of tea mid fight and still be fine.... that just killed it for me.

I basically will start playing again once Alaisy starts posting up some epic mods cuz I know he usually mods the shit out of games like this to get the most out of them.
  10. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

11. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

Look at you old men :p took me 5 minutes to adept to the UI from there it went flawless ^^ only thing I can complain about atm is the pathfinding of my companion...
  12. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

13. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Wow, I didn't know someone could mod the UI that much. Filters, full inventory previews.. Perfect!

*Starts installing*
  14. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

The first one is still WIP, just a concept art for some feedback ^^ The second link is an already released mod though.
  15. Offline

Karasu Community Member

So I noticed. Really hope someone could make it work. The current menu doesn't really give an overview of important/junk items (cost/weight for example)
  16. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

69 hours and almost finished. Done all the daedric artefact quests, all 8 masks found, all the shouts, main quest, imperial quest, 100 enchanting all perked up to provide a full smithign set for epic upgrades on stuff, companions done, dark brotherhood done, the only thing I have left is thieves guild.

...and then to replay the whole game again as a mage character!
  17. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Thoroughly enjoying playing as a rogue thief.... most fun bit is buying training in skills < 1000gold and then stealing the money back. Rinse and repeat..... free training every level!

There's also something immensely satisfying of one shotting people from the top of a tower with long range arrows!
  18. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Don't even need to steal.. If you do quests of companions to the point where they start to agree to follow you, you can train with them and just take the money back.
  19. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

20. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Storage issues:

[IMG]