The Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, May 3, 2012.

1. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

I heard there was lag in RvR
  2. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

all you need to know is that it has the best pvp or rvr since daoc. if your into the story and pve stuff this game is not for you.

also as tvar said, lately we had some messed up lag in RvR. dunno what the fuck thats about, but hopefully? they will move the EU server to EU and we wont have the issue. there was also a patch today adressing "preformance issues in cyrodil". whatever that means.

actually, now that i think about it, i know what the lag is about. its the yellow (AD) zerglings moving around like lemmings.

edit: as a non elder scrolls fan i actually enjoyed the Main, mage guild and fighters guild story lines. and usually i dont care about the lore/story whatsoever.
  3. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Cool, any small vs. large scale vids out yet? How is the ability to roam as a 4/5/6 group and face off zergs? Are the tools avalible (kitability, long duration cc, terrain advantages etc)?
    As an example, it was almost 100% impossible in guild wars due to the stomp mechanic.
  4. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

there are shitloads of vids on youtube already on smaller grps taking on larger grps and wiping them. fun story, during the closed beta, a grp of 6ppl defended a keep from 60+ attackers. devs were so impressed they even made a Lore ingame about it :>.

regarding your question, depends on what you mean with zerg. can a grp of 6 ambush and kill a grp of lets say 12-15? absolutley. you have all the tools needed to take on a bigger force, but lets be honest here, if your 6 run into 20+++, it becomes really difficult, which i guess it should be.

kitability - yes
    long duration cc - i would say its long enough, roots/snares are a pain in the ass because you cant really become immune to it. you can break it, but not become immune like other hard CCs.
    terrain advantage - highground will always give you an advantage, fighting close to big rocks and cliffs is prefered when fighting bigger grp so you can force them into a bottle neck.

im not going to fool any1 tho. the game has its flaws, like most games, especially mmos. not everyone is prepared to stick it out. it really feels like game is getting better for each patch tho. we have good activity every day in the guild and people seem to enjoy the game, well, it is fun to smash ppl (tvar trademark) :).
  5. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Cool :3 any vid you can recommend?

Finally, how do in combat resses work? Cast time? Who has access to them?
  6. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

can check when i get home from work for some links

anyone can ress ppl, requires soul gems which you can either buy or get off bosses around the world.
  7. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

We had someone in the guild solo a whole faction while the rest of us lay there dead soaking up the AP

O and resses aren't something that can happen during combat, they take ages and as Rev mention it uses a soulgem, its nothing like gw2
  8. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Although you can specc into "fast rezing" (50% faster if im not mistaken).
    But yeah, in the end its like Rev said, im not a pve aficionado neither am I an eso lore fanboi, but I enjoyed the quest stories in this game, and AvA is really fun, kind of reminds me at some point of the good old days of Age of Conan (without combos and with less buttons) :)
  9. Offline

Gib Community Member

He sums it up with (up to lvl 20) tbh.

Most games don't push you too hard until after that point anyway, and this game has a greater variety of questing and storyline than pretty much every other MMO I played. One of the principle differences is that exploring the map means you find quests rather than being led by the nose to every one of them.

The dungeons, what he calls dungeons are the places where you might find an elite mob in wow or a quest target, and similarly the are the focus for people, but remember.... the dungeons he is talking about is not group content, it's the ogre caves in wow. The dungeons are good, challenging, and the fights can last a fucking long time like the crocodile head fella in veteran cells that took us about 20 minutes to kill.

RvR, AvA, PvP whatever, exceptional. Sure there is a bit of lag when fucking AD turn up with 300 muppets all in a blob but it passes fast and generally you can be running lag free with a couple hundred dudes on the field and siege machines flinging their shit all over. The map is huge and that allows for small groups to pick off stragglers, go 1v1 or roll with the zerg... the zerg does not always win as AD are proving. And if faced with the zerg, go cap another keep versus a smaller group. Lots of options, lots of fun.

I know that addresses only a couple points he made, but he does seem to be on the negative side of everything..... and to be fair a lot of boons are logging and playing every day so that probably says a lot more.
  10. Offline

Gib Community Member

I don't want to get into a game vs game thing but if that element of the game is critical to your interest why do you play WoW, which is full of lore fuck ups that even Blizz hold their hands up to?
  11. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

I think she's just a lore nerd when it comes to the elder scrolls lore but I could be wrong
  12. Offline

Curupuru Community Member

think no one plays WoW anymore for the lore.

Think no one should play any mmo for the lore in general.

And even tho I love the warcraft universe lore which is all messed up partly 'cause of the WoW and partly 'cause people don't care to keep it together when writing it, that is not the reason I play WoW myself. And I highly doupt it is the reason why mask is playing. But then again, go and figure.
  13. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

14. Offline

Menru Veteran BOON

Well I just started playing ESO couple of weeks ago when I heard boons gave it a try. Its been a long time since I enjoyed pve in a MMO, the design of the dungeons and boss fights are enjoyable and I realized that it gets better on higher levels(obviously). I haven't been in sieges/pvp yet but it looks good on videos and I hope i can say the same after I've been in one.
  15. Offline

Gib Community Member

I'm running a sweepstake on how many more reviews this guys does before he drops dead in the middle of one.

Impartial review, or attention seeking fat cunt...... you decide.

I even had an urge to wipe my face after
  16. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I like Francis's reviews. Always funny.
  17. Offline

Darkpride Veteran BOON

haha i liked how he pronounced "perfection" in his funny speechstyle :)..

and keep in mind that francis is a character not really "him" .

his real thoughts are quite interesting and wellthought (he got a vid of that up aswell)
  18. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Wow... someone doesn't know who Francis is :D
    He's a character! he hates all games and rages, not really necessary to be quite so vulgar.
  19. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Much like Hsulf, he should make a youtube series to grab ppls attention in an array of games :D
  20. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Lol I'd be the best games representative!! Someone hire me! Gonna Hsulf the world.