SW:ToR release date announced.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ironhide, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Was horde and went through
    Troll priest
    Undead priest
    Goblin priest
    And tried a Tauren on the PTR

I was always changing my mind :s
  2. Offline

adagio Moderator

I changed from fagelf to dwarf because of racials and never looked back.
  3. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Damn right!
  4. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Think I found Doodle's gnome from Dalayur (Forte artist), wish I could make stuff like that.

[IMG]

Here's one he made for my slagelf (Swiftsilver) :p

[IMG]

That painting alone Dalayur made (Matej Jenko website) was reason enough to keep playing that character.
  5. Offline

adagio Moderator

And how much gold did that cost you?
  6. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Don't think he started asking for gold yet when I send him the character pictures and added the request post, he had just started. But I think it was 50 gold or something similar later on, at some point he got so many request he stopped I think. And then did a few coloured ones, but I wasn't in Forte any-more by that time I think. It's already 6 years ago :p
  7. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

So whats the pvp like in SW? Worth playing for pvp even?
  8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Try WoWs PvP,
    Like it? You'll like TOR
    hate it? You'll hate TOR

funny enough you can use this yard stick for almost anything in TOR
  9. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

FUCKING AWESOME i have been looking around for this for ages. Ty for linking it. I loved my gnome in might gear. I was the first drawing he did =)
  10. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

alliance heretics! kill da stunties :p
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I played dwarf, night elf, undead, blood elf, tauren, worgen and goblin in my times playing WoW and I have to say, nothing felt more trollface than spam healing yourself and doing /joke emotes on a female Blood Elf Paladin while multiple people are trying to kill you and failing.

Oh how I miss WotLK, Paladin was so OP then.
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Yup.... esp against a rogue. Was not funny.
    Even in cata they were pretty op. Don't know if they are finally nerfed but I expect not.
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I found that in Cata, without decent gear, the holy paladin would struggle a bit compared to other healers.

In WotLK you could heal heroics in greens, lol.
  14. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Then you were doing something wrong. The top guilds basically stacked holy pallies and brought 1 druid for hots... At start of cata priests were basically useless and only competitive in shadow.
    Granted it was patched a few months later and they became only slightly op.

It was to do with scaling though, pallies in good gear were obscene but in bad gear were useless.
    But then every healing class was broken in shit gear. It was fucking gruelling at the start.
  15. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

well, DoK > all :p
  16. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yea I had shit gear in cata as I was kinda burned out going into it.
  17. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Stop the WoW!
    This is the SWTOR topic.
    Oh, wait... :p
  18. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Damnit firoz, I was waiting for someone to tell me to stop the wow talk to crack that "joke" and you stole it!
  19. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Holy paladins were probably the strongest healer at the start of cata due to sheer throughput in PVE until a combination of patches and gear brought priests up to a competitive level. Druids are still the kings of HPS though from HOTs and the continued OPness of Tranquility.

Resto shaman are still non-existent in progression guilds though. Because they're shit.

PVP is still a slightly different matter, Druids will always be amazing due to the number of instants they have whilst Priests and Shaman are popular due to their scary amount of offensive CC pressure that Paladins absolutely lack, Palas are also easily countered by simply sitting a Warrior or shaman on them to Pummel/Windshear them continually.

Back on topic..

ToR PVP is a hybrid of WoW and WAR PVP, with lightsabers.
  20. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

what i heard.