Steam Summersale 2013

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Doodle, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Offline

Trixeh Veteran BOON

You would love it, chops.
  2. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I would if I could buy it, but yeah steam allows every day to be like a new mmo release day, used to go to game website and download now everyone goes to one place and blows it up and no one gets anything ,,, well dah...
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I love when KC rages at Steam. So cute.
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Also Katiechops buy Civ5 Gold.

Doodle - You up for Civ5 this weekend at all ? Few of us on TS play it time to time.
  5. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Just spent 1 hour trying to buy a £4.75 game.... I want my hour of life back....
  6. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Tip: Don't play with myself, adagio or Talisker if you want a quick game
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

You need to try and buy late at night atm. People going mad because of the sales.
  8. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Err...

So here goes (will fall on deaf ears and all I know):
    1. Steam allows you to purchase games from a shopfront - saves you time looking for the right website to buy from
    2. Steam kindly stores all your games for you in one place - even if you wipe your machine, or your email gets hacked, all your games will still be there no matter what machine you log in from
    3. Steam cloud saves your save game data - so you can move PC's with ease
    4. Steam has built in social tools - this allows you to setup multiplayer games with ease, or you may just want to taunt your enemies (or troll them like Doodle )
    5. Steamworks is part of most new releases - this means that even if you want to buy a box, you can and you can still add it to your steam library
    6. All Steam games (that aren't multiplayer only) - can be played offline without an Internet connection
    Buying from other sites:
    1. Green Man Gaming forces you to use their downloader "Capsule" to download digital games from them (most games are steamworks)
    2. Ubisoft requires you (for the most part) to use their DRM wrapper to download, install and run their games - digital or boxed
    3. Origin, same as above - digital or boxed
    4. Get Games Go, rarely if ever cheaper than either Steam or Green Man Gaming
    5. Square Enix, most of their games are steamworks, no other DRM to contend with - digital or boxed
    In fact there are very few games you can get that don't have any form of DRM to contend with (even MMO's have their limitations and DRM).

tl:dr - stop whinging about Steam and grow a pair
  9. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

10. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

[IMG]
  11. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

I've been good so far as i've only bought Fez, now everyone go vote for sleeeping dogs so i can waste more money
  12. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

lets play chivalry tonight :)
  13. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I'll see if I have time for civ 5 this weekend been buying so many games
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Bought gaymod (Garrys Mod) for £1.49

Oh, and adagio - Norfolk Farming Simulator is 50% off.
  15. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Bought so far:
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Batman Arkham City
    Bioshock Infinite
    Chivalry
    Darksiders 2
    Saints row 3
    Civilisation V
    Sleeping dogs
    Tropico 4

when am I going to have the time to play these? FUCK KNOWS BWAHHAHAHAH
  16. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

So far I've bought exactly...
    [IMG]
  17. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Same here.. so far they haven't offered anything that hasn't been offered during midweek madness or weekend sales, except for Bioshock and Skyrim (which was a bit steep anyway, atleast for me). I'm starting to think that my wallet is going to do just fine during this sale :D
  18. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Getting stuff bellow 10euro and still getting a lot of stuff
  19. Offline

Gekido Community Member

[IMG]

Anyone else sees something very odd in this community choice? :D
  20. Offline

Mantle Veteran BOON

How can any of you not look at sniper elite - Nazi Zombie Army and think instabuy is beyond me!