Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Spud, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Offline

Law Community Member

New Freelancer: (Flight Ready 2.1)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Sabre: (Hangar Ready 2.1)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Starfarer: (Coming 2016)
    [IMG]
  2. Offline

Jasra Community Member

i was in love with Super Hornet, but Sabre looks even more amazing! ME WANT NAO!
  3. Offline

Law Community Member

Jasra, just for you!

Note: This is just a detailed White Box, animations, sounds and textures will be off. It will be flyable once the DMG States are done! :D
    Note2: This persons video software and PC looks like a POTATO's PC so there is some horrible GFX tears, this doesn't happen on decent machines! :D
  4. Offline

Law Community Member

[IMG]

I really like this armor/eva suit! As much as it's a total ripoff Deadspace it also reminds me of BF2142 armors. Nice and futuristic! :D
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Freelancer is the planet express ship.
  6. Offline

Law Community Member

7. Offline

Law Community Member

8. Offline

Law Community Member

9. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

How invested do you need to be in this game? Can i just log in and fly around with other people for the lulz an hour or two a day? :p
  10. Offline

Law Community Member

Yes.

The game has "Zero" levels, so in short it is a second life game, you can use everything right from the start and you only get better at things if you personally get better at the game. As the video showed a simple mission, well not simple really, can take about 50mins, So a average player should do this in 30mins give or take. Now that was a scripted mission, there will be the typical pick up missions from npcs/mission board that has no video interaction so it might even be faster A-B instead of having to visit C.

3.0 comes out the end of this year give or take. Once this happens the game moves from Dev-Demo/Alpha type modules to a Alpha State of the game, they will then add mechanics when ready and bug fix the shit out of the game until a Beta state say end of 2017, which is a roll on launch to live.

Reasons for the game taking so long, well it basically got more money, more people, so they went full retarded and made the game larger, with larger ships and so forth. Going with what I play in Closed Play I can say it's worth the wait! :D But again I am 100% bias when it comes to Star Citizen.

They have FreeFlightWeeks going on, where you can play the Modules for Free before you buy in. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/Gamescom-Free-Fly-2016 ends tonight :(

If you use my Ref https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-QDST-5H4N you will get $5 worth of ingame store credit to use, if you buy the game you help me get a Golden Ship skin haha! :D
  11. Offline

Law Community Member

Alpha 2.5 is live now.

12. Offline

Law Community Member

13. Offline

Law Community Member

14. Offline

Law Community Member

This is the inhouse version of the demo from Citizencon over the weekend. Most on "Rails" but showing off the tech for the game.

Enjoy! :D
  15. Offline

Law Community Member

16. Offline

Law Community Member

2.6 is now Live if anyone is a backer! :D
  17. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I tried playing it the other day and just got crashes and never managed to get in :| I will give it another look tonight so check it out.
  18. Offline

Law Community Member

There is a 2.6.1 patch coming out to fix some issues people are having. Personally not had any issues at all runs good to me, when does it crash for you?
  19. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I was on it last night and it worked fine so dunno what was wrong the previous nights, was pretty good tbh, did a bit of FPS Space Marine and it was pretty good I did end up in my Ship as well but didn't have my joystick so didn't fly about much will give that ago this week.

Looking good tbh, just hope the build a game with purpose in the world they are creating.
  20. Offline

Law Community Member

We are now on the 3rd Engine soooooo fingers crossed this is the year they stop fucking about and push forward. They have had so many set backs, now we are on the engine they want, supported by Amazon so will see what 2017 brings.

Should get the EU Servers as well shortly so the FPS-Module will be a lot better when not on a 150+ ping.