Signs of the Apocalypse

Discussion in 'TERA' started by Kammie, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

So far there is only 2 reasons why its a Hype imo, that's combat and graphics. Other then that 1-40 has been pretty much the same as other MMO's I've played, but it does make other MMO's feel outdated. Can't comment about 40+ nor PvP as I'm taking a break from TERA atm because of MMO tiredness (sry but Aion + Rift + another MMO levelling does take its toll) and with 4/5 people only regularly playing its a bit dull.

No reason to hype the game so much to make people think its the mother of all games though, its an evolution of an MMO not a revolution. But I do think once it comes out in the EU it'll be alot more fun to play due to grouping being easier. The combat feels smooth and engaging enough to even make single player RPG's feel pretty outdated too.

TLDR; 2H AXE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!
  2. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

The combat system has a great plus to it: the non targeting-action-fps-style aim-based system is very refreshing from the usual mmo... Although it is quite similar to Age of Conan's combat system, for example!
    The thing that breaks the combat system imo, is that such an action oriented combat style asks for a fast paced gameplay, which is NOT the case in tera, at least if you're playing lancer! Other classes may disagree but i'v seen others do solo mobs by my side and although you do much more damage, it still takes quite some time to kill stuff, and that, on the context of a korean-style grind game, gets boring...
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

hmm.. diablo style is just as boring tbh, only reason diablo was so much fun was because of the iconic gold and item dropping sounds lol.

So faster or slower killing mobs, not much different. Quests in WoW with all their nonsense are just as boring as RIFTs generic quests with no point to them. Dunno they would have had to add something really new to it :p
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Very well put Pete. TERA has a few new things and improves on many old things, but it still has lots of flaws which prevent it from being a true next-gen MMO. Is it a game worth playing ? Well unless your a huge Star Wars fan, then I think this will be the best MMO on offer this year. Not because its the best game ever, but because its better than all the other abortions that have called themselves MMO's that are being released.

Oh, and Specter.... why don't you play another class ? Tanks can't DPS as fast as DPS in any MMO, why is this a shock in TERA ?

TERA is less grindy than Aion (if you group up) and everyone in BOON happily levelled up there with no major complaints. Just have group up with to progress, which I like because MMO's are all about interaction with other players. I hate solo content as MMO single player content will never be able to compete with the quality of single player RPG content, so why don't they stick to the multiplayer interaction which is why the whole genre exists.
  5. Offline

Mizou Community Member

i do like to group up but then again not the way rift was made. almost no open elites, bullshit boring fucktard dungeons and once u started a quest chain u had to complete 300 quests (solo) while nobody else could join in the part u allready up to...

give only elites, make everyone always group up and also give the mentoring system from eq2. i for examble would be 22 and pete 18. all could delvl to him and give him like 5% bonus xp and at some point all would be at same lvl again while grinding elites/killing other players arround the area :) since pvp starts at lvl 40 ofc lvling would be very nice
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Loads of open elites Rodderz. Similar to Aion.
  7. Offline

Kammie Community Member

Mizou is right, mentoring or level sync as it was called in FFXI would be perfect for TERA as it is so group based. Hopefully it comes :)
  8. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Girlfriend finally dumped ya Kammie or did you quit your job? :p
  9. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Well a mentor/buddy system is coming to Aion, so maybe BHS take note and consider it for TERA as well!
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Hmm, to late for Aion, would have been an amazing system if it was in at launch. Too late too for KR TERA (if a system was being made) as really the majority of Koreans are lvlmax now. If BHS did make this system ahead of the EU/NA launch however, then they would attract a lot more people I think.

These buddy systems are always popular.
  11. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

copy paste, the joy!
  12. Offline

Mizou Community Member

aspira those systems got into other games after like 6 - 12 month, they where not implemented from the start. either they where totaly new or they didnt want people to rush as fast as possible to max lvl. i dunno but tbh the mentoring system is a very important thing
  13. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

the damn eu release is taking to long... i really want to try this game out

and no i cant stand korean =P