FFXIV: ARR Phase 2, Additional classes?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Angelo, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Just wondering, during this Phase 2 weekends i'm guessing they won't be opening any other classes? Or is it not known?
  2. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Not during Phase 2, no!

Phase 2 is set to last 4 weeks (weekends), this one coming up is weekend 3 (19th - 21st) and there is at least one other planned (26th - 28th). There will be a data wipe between Phase 2 and Phase 3.

Phase 3 opens up the whole game - as it allows version 1 players to import their old characters (nearly all classes and jobs, nearly all zones) and is set to start mid May - the only class/job that won't be in until launch is the Summoner/Arcanist.

Phase 4 will be the open beta and most likely just before launch - possible that newly formed character data will be carried over (think headstart style from other games)
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I heard that there are apparently new servers that only allow new characters, so the people porting over old characters will not be allowed to port to those servers.

As someone who didn't play first time round because so many people said to avoid it, these new servers (if they exist) are pretty tempting.
  4. Offline

Angelo Community Member

I thought they were starting all servers from scratch? Just those that bought the game the first time round don't have to buy it again.
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Sort of, there will be "Legacy" only servers, these are servers that are for Legacy players only (vers.1 players that paid a sub for at least 3 months between Jan 2012 and Sept 2012), if they are adding servers that can't be transferred to by Legacy characters then this is also good - due to the impact that Legacy Gil will have on the game economy.

There will be region specific servers (in regional datacentres), currently as with vers.1 the game world is hosted in a Japanese datacentre - the latency is far far better this time round than in vers.1 and obviously in Phase 3 when we have to choose a region(al datacentre) to play from/on things will get much much better :)
  6. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

A quick clarification, there will be Legacy servers that anyone can join and there will be new servers that cannot have Legacy characters ported to.

Legacy character s have a limitation in that they will have 10% of the wealth they had when the servers shut down in November last year.

edit. Most folk within the FFXIV communities (that I pay attention to) have been chatting about Legacy and voted that they will more than likely have a fresh start.
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Will there still be global servers where eu, na and jp all play together ?

I ask cuz I will probably play this with parker and shanto, parker is in the us and pretty sure shanto knows jp people from the last game.

So ideally I would want to play on one of the global servers, if they still exist.
  8. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Not sure, I hope so as it was always part of the magic for FFXI and FFXIV.
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

If any of you are redditors, r/ffxiv is the one you want for this game.
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I just emailed square enix to ask the server question. Sucks if its localised.
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Got a response from from square enix already.

It said, at this point there is no final decision on numbers of servers and locations of servers. Given the history of FF games using shared servers, we dont see why there would not be shared servers for the re-release. Keep an eye on the beta forums for more information.

So yea, not a yes, but not a no.
  12. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Oh there will be shared servers as the translation etc is tied in so deeply to the game, but there will be multiple datacentres that control a game world (Blizzard for example have the main auth server and character database for WoW EU in Frankfurt, but they have many satellite datacentres throughout Europe that act as game servers (Ireland, London, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Madrid and Moscow for example).
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

As long as I can play on the same server as US and JP players then that's fine, because that allows me to play with some people I was planning to.
  14. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Unless they have had a rethink it looks like this:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...ers-World-Locations-Info-from-the-LIVE-Letter
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Sweet, so we will still be able to play with the Japanese.

Also, Shanto is on the Adamantoise server.
  16. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Won't be around this weekend as I'm quite busy, we are all currently on Bahamut as it has existed since Phase 1 (unlike Adamantoise), but I think this will probably be the last weekend of Phase 2 and there will be a character wipe before Phase 3 starts.

shorter version: I can't be buggered to re-roll (to a new server) when char data will be wiped in a week (ish) and we have to pick a new server anyway!
  17. Offline

Angelo Community Member

18. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Smexy, so not sure what class/job to play!!
  19. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Can't play this weekend :(
  20. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Say what?!?! is that the same game we are playing?? Thats looks amaaaaziiinng