No swimming in SWTOR

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Allstar, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

The combat was what
    The combat was what botherd med in DA:O =p
  2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

well its only ''slightly'' better in DA2, more AoE and better graphics. So less need for tactical gameplay (unless you turn up the difficulty to max) but its still a ton easier then DA:O. DA:O tactical combat was the same(ish) as BG/ID/NWN etc, it takes a while to learn and it is more micromanagement. I do have to say class/skill balance and choices in both DA2 and DA:O were terribly imbalanced, not even comparable to NWN or BG.

I like consoleish gameplay aswell, especially when I just want to jump in a game and turn it off at any time without having to learn too much but DA 2 was just stripped of sooo much, too buggy and felt rushed. I certainly hope what people said about them putting 100% into ME3 instead of DA 2 is true, if they did I can forgive them :p.
  3. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

You guys are more rpg-kiddos than I am, and I'm 19. Shame on you.

<3
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Pete is like the god of single player RPGs tbh.

I seriously can't see what he sees in them, but yea, pretty sure Pete has played em all.
  5. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

well DA2 did something right though, they added bigger boobs to the underwear of the females....

oh shit, I ruined the moment :(

PS: Aspira, maybe but I haven't played any of the FF series. Tried to get 7 to work on my PC but i'm afraid its a tad too old now, still hoping to find a working version sometime.
  6. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I'm pretty certain I'm an RPG guy as well, Fav's include:

Baldur's Gate (1 & 2 plus all expansions)
    Diablo (1 & 2 plus all expansions)
    Icewind Dale
    NWN (1 & 2 plus all expansions)
    KoTOR (1 & 2 - although only the modded version of 2 that I helped work on)
    FF1 - 7 (only played 13 for like 2 hours before being utterly bored by the story)

Plus many many others...
  7. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Does SWTOR have rock cakes?
  8. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

no! it wont be ok if ME3 turns out awesome they still ruined what should have been the best sequel to the best game ever in da2

thankfully the Witcher 2 will bring the joy of a awesome RPG back
  9. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Wait 4 years, get shitloads of mods for DA2 and then it'll be good. I'm playing NWN2 + exp now 5 years or so after release and it is so much more polished now if you add some nice mods to it, really it even makes DA:O feel like a dumbed down RPG.

Thx Fallanx for getting me to play it, NWN 2 was so shit when it came out but try it now :)
  10. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

/facepalm
  11. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

*Cough* Blade & Soul has swimming :evil:

12. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

and here we go again, necro thread and obvious trolling inc!
  13. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

shhhh you :p
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Hahahaha
  15. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Blade & Soul is a game without soul. (wtf did i just say?)
  16. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

fail'd