No swimming in SWTOR

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Allstar, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Mizou Community Member

and u are what ?
  2. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Your posts gives hope mate, but i've gotta say, having seen videos even from their own website i am dubious about the graphics..
  3. Offline

Mizou Community Member

at least once we agree on something
  4. Offline

Saul Community Member

Gamescon 2010 is a pretty old iteration of the game dude. I have to say Screen shots and Vid's i had seen prior to maybe a month ago were looking a bit crap, but the latest ones were looking a lot better, but I will be honest I was pretty suprised when I played I did not expect the environment to look as good as it did.

[IMG]
  5. Offline

Mizou Community Member

what about the charakters... still carton polygons ?
  6. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Nice posts Saul, still afraid about endgame though but I'm sure I'll enjoy the early gameplay. Story/Immersion may not hold up at the very end, but no way to know unless you are part of their team I suppose.
  7. Offline

Saul Community Member

8. Offline

Saul Community Member

9. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

ok it looks pretty decent, what about the space ship aspects Saul ? You mostly mentionned the cosmetic part of it.

Can you free roam and explore or just follow a linear / pre-designed path like i saw in the demo ?
  10. Offline

Mizou Community Member

it got better thats for sure :)
  11. Offline

Saul Community Member

12. Offline

Saul Community Member

Sadly we didnt get to play in space, we got to see inside our ships at lvl 10, then they closed us down and rebooted with pre made lvl 30's.
  13. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

ok; thanks for sharing infos mate; it seems they are working harder than most expected.
  14. Offline

Mizou Community Member

idd just compare to what it looked like. i just hope for u guys that they dont fuck it up like other game developers and thx saul for the screens/infos :)
  15. Offline

Saul Community Member

Your welcome guys, I'm off to bed.. :)

I was one of the first Closed beta players for WAR, so I get peoples anger at hype and bullshit, I totaly understand we have been taken the piss out for a long time with bullshit promises and arrogant attitudes in releasing games that are unfinished or plain shite and yet expect us to pay for it and lap that shit up. I also know EA's record when it comes to MMO's. The thing is Bioware are huge and with Lucasarts on board, they have the clout to tell EA to fuck off until it's ready and at the same time convince them to part with mega bucks with the promise of WoW type revenues post release, that EA believe Bioware, Lucasarts and Star Wars can deliver them.

I dont trust EA, but I do trust Bioware, they have the reputation, but they didnt have the money to make the MMO Bioware wanted, an MMO of the same Quality as an ME title costs hundreds of Millions that I believe Bioware could not afford alone. Since i was lucky enough to play the game for a few hours, I believe Bioware have succeeded in creating the MMO they and the community really want to see. Some people will genuinely hate it, some will hate it, even if they like it, it wont be the MMO to beat all MMO's but like I said previously, SWTOR, GW2, SW, they all have offered a lot and a lot of people are holding them to their promises, and I for one think that these 3 MMO's will re define the genre.
  16. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

wow they look completely different to previous ones :eek:
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I love the bluntness of Rodwens replies. Epic German humour.
  18. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

guess this is the reason bioware rushed DA2 into a worthless piece of crap game
  19. Offline

Saul Community Member

Different Companies, Bioware Montreal did DA2, Bioware Austin do SWTOR.

Rumour has it both DA2 and ME3 were running behind, mainly cause a lot of help was being given to SWTOR, and SWTOR's Space combat was done by Dev's at Bioware Montreal, so they were getting a lot of help from the Canadian Developers. This meant that both DA2 and ME3 were slipping and running behind schedule, so they had to make a choice as to which one was the most important, and they decided on ME3, so they pulled a few Dev's off DA2 to help out on ME3, and EA made them stick to their promised release date. Hence why DA2 is shite, I just hope ME3 isnt as shite.
  20. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

well ME2 wasnt anything compared to ME1 so dont get your hopes up