neverwinter

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by adagio, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

you thinking of this?

"Armor/Weapon Enchantments are for specific slots in your weapon/chest and grant special effects. They come in shards and have a chance to drop from Epic Dungeon bosses. You must combine 4 shards to create a Lesser version of the Enchantment. However, the success chance of fusion is at a staggeringly low 1%. To compensate, they have very strong effects. An example would be the Thunderhead Enchantment. However, the real kicker here is that these "Lesser" versions may be fused again to gain a stronger version. Those may also be fused again to create the strongest version. Ultimately, the Greater Thunderhead Enchantment will have a 30% on crit to damage and stun foes. To create the strongest Enchantment possible, it will cost 160 dollars and 64 shards. Unlike companions, these can be used in PvP."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1dry0g/neverwinters_f2p_model_what_you_need_to_know/
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Foundry exp abuse now dead.

You can only get 2 bars of exp per foundry and you stop getting exp after 4 foundry missions.

RIP foundry, you are now useless.
  3. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Except that it is a tool for players to make up "content" not mass orge farming for XP :p
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I had planned to make a badass map.... Shame I can't use foundry when suspended, though I might be unsuspended, as I can get slightly further on the gateway before timing out :p
  5. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

How does the exp fix work though? It would suck to get no exp from proper foundry content.

At least that one guy developing his epic RP adventure story will be happy that it won't be buried by Ogres now I guess :p

RIP Ogrepalooza
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

But why do it if it gives you nothing? No rewards = waste of time.

The pre-nerf state of foundry was massively broken, but the current version is also massively broken, just at the opposite side of the spectrum.

The exp is crap now, so there is no point in doing it when below level 60, but the big problem is that the loot and cash has been nerfed too. You now get massively reduced cash and loot drops, and even at that, loot from foundry was crap previously anyway (all average greens), so there is no reason to do foundry at 60 now either?

The idea of player made content is great, but when you get no exp, crap loot and crap money, why bother? Much more effective use of your time to do the dev made content and get better gear/money/exp for the time your spending in game.

I would like to see the foundry given a purpose, what that purpose is I don't know, but currently there is no real reason to ever do a foundry map again unless you are either A) into RP and want to do some community storylines, or B) Reviewing a map for a mate who likes to dabble in map making. The rewards are not comparable to dev made content, so why waste your time.

TL;DR - Foundry is still broken, just in a different way.
  7. Offline

Gekido Community Member

No I was thinking about simple enchants, didnt really read the pop up that you get before enchanting, just saw the gem price. It actually does say that only removal costs gems. But this peace of info that you've posted is a bit disturbing, when you think about it... End game might get screwed in a long run (or not).
  8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Not only am I unsuspended, I kept all my characters, levels and even got a foundry cloak for having over 50 4-5 star reviews :D
  9. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

PR done right, its not gonna matter anyway in a week or two so why take it all away *cough* see what I did there?
  10. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I find these enchantments pretty damn broken if 160 dollars gets you such a huge boost over others in pvp... I take back what i said about P2W and considering uninstalling this shit now

Tvar avdelning: HSULFED
  11. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Rofl brah. Playing the most OP shit ive ever seen and ur whining about some enchant.
  12. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

hahaha i bet if you get those enchant you MIGHT crit for more then 2k bro :p

Edit: with your daily
  13. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

just start using the broker brah. Its not hard to make some decent AD there.

ps: Gonna try a new build. Gonna fuck up my pve dmg but who cares we arent doing any :S
  14. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I bet the folk that are willing to spend that amount of dolla are about as skillful in PvP as a stone, you therefore have little to worry about.
  15. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

but stone beats great weapon fighter!

and so does scissors.. and paper...

and everything else hahaha poor killa <3
  16. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Just wait brah. Ill come back getting me weapon enchant today + that new build is hopefully gonna make me fuck them up >.<
  17. Offline

Sui Veteran BOON

wasnt that u doodle that said aaah boom oneshot? what happened cause of that one cleric?
  18. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

I thought you were playing barbie dragon game??? u came back for another round of hsulfing?
  19. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

My plan is to out gear people now!!!
  20. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

You fool, that is ALWAYS the plan!!11!1!