more Q&As

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

can you not just Force AA on?
  2. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

yeah.... but my graphics card cries. No Xfire yet obviously and 1 card runs very very hard and hot to get the game looking good. It's obviously not optimised hardware yet as it's still in beta.
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

so, I didn't make a mistake on doing a hardware upgrade then :>
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Hmm, so your not exactly recommending it either then Fizzee ?
  5. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I've already said too much.... :p
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Said enough. That makes 4 people in the beta who all have recommended to skip it, so guess I will resub TERA instead.
  7. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Innovative trees like Arms Warior Warrior and Discipline Priest Purifier
  8. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

Hold yer horses, I haven't dropped my final verdict yet. :censored:
  9. Offline

Saul Community Member

Tbh Aspira, you are so closed to this game being anyway decent, It would need to come with an Eastern European Hottie, that gives out Blow Jobs, every time you ding. Before you would even look at purchasing it.

Thats all cool though, I know what type of game SWTOR is, ive played it and i am happy with most of what they have done to it.
  10. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Nah he's more into Asians, nice try though!
  11. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

i dont expect to see aspira in swtor either :p its as far from asian as it gets
  12. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Surely there must be some underage jedi tang to leer at?
  13. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

some very nice screenshots on "that leaking site" of swtor. High ress max resolution. the game looks far better than what i have seen so far looking at those screenshots.
  14. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Those are with forced AA, and as it's not optimised yet it's a pig on the GFX card to force it on.

Without making your card so the hard work outside the game, the game looks no where near that crisp.

(Not to say the game looks bad though, it does look very Star wars-y and the lighting is good)
  15. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

You actually think the cartoony look is good or rather fitting for this game or let alone the Star Wars IP?
  16. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I think it still looks star warsy but it would have been better if they had gone darker and less WoWesque but I guess it's to appeal to the masses.

More ep4-6 less clone wars :p
  17. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I just hope the feel of combat and animations is better than my impression of the clips I've seen so far. It's something that will get annoying on the long-therm if it feels clunky or boring. Some Races in WoW always ''felt'' better than others, I never liked the NE animations much, undead was so much better for example.

Same in TERA (different kind of combat but whatever), the Elf animations are terrible imo compared to the so much more fun to play Castanics. And even ArchAge, Ferrer are more fun than humans.

I guess the difference between races in SW:TOR won't make so much difference as they're all more ''humanoid''.
  18. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I'm tempted to say that most of us will not have the GFX to force AA in this game after seeing some guys playing at highest and their specs... Apparently FPSlag is prominent (HARRO MYTHAC SO I HERD U CAN DESIGN GAEMS)
  19. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

if u can run crysis 2 on kickass gfx u can sure as hell run a sissy starwars game on full
  20. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I'm on
    2x 5870
    8GB DDR3
    i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz

And it runs on full with no fps issues. But my card gets super hot from running at 100% all the time.

Once it's optimised and xfire works I'd be able to force AA without an issue.

The lag I get is completely because the servers are in America. Also due to shitty pathing of mobs and bugs galore. But hey it's not done yet so not sure if I can moan too much bout that.