more Q&As

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

2. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

3. Offline

adagio Moderator

Dunno why but everytime I see this one I think Of Aspira.
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Aww ty bud.

You guys (Adagio, Tvar, Fizzee, others?) have been testing for a few days now and I value your opinions when it comes to games as you are all experienced gamers and know what makes a good game. So without violating the NDA, just answer me this, based on what you have seen so far, would you buy SWTOR ?
  5. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

'fraid I can't answer that, yet.
  6. Offline

adagio Moderator

if i had too choose between another night of star wars and having my nuts placed between two bricks, slammed together and then made to stab them repeatedly with a spoon before finally blending them. i would probably take a good twenty minutes to decide.
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Then opt for the nut smashing option ?
  8. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

Stop trolling the fanboys Adagio.
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I think he is being serious....
  10. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

That seems a bit harsh, even RIFT wasnt that bad.
  11. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

I wonder if its more ok by Doodle if we start comparing "shit" to Rift? :mask:
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Hehe, lol Tvar.
  13. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Surely thats like comparing twins?
  14. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

Are you now calling WoW, Rift and SWTOR twins or shit? I'm confused. And wouldn't it be tripplets then?
  15. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Just the last 2.

I still love WoW, even though its getting a little tired now.

I actually don't think RIFT was all that bad either, its just pointless playing a game that is such a 100% copy of WoW when you could just ..play WoW
  16. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

wow is fun in short periods of time nothing u can go back to hardcore raiding or anything in again
  17. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

WoW was great, I loved especially TBC and Vanilla. However WotLK and even Cataclysm I just got tired of graphics and the game was specifically catered to casuals, plus you possibly played it mostly for achievements and gearscore at some point.

What RIFT missed was an IP, Blizzard had WCIII and Bioware has Star Wars. It makes it a lot easier to add the specific art, atmosphere etc. Zone's in RIFT actually were copied by looks, atmosphere and even name from WoW. The game also used a stale engine which was the same as Warhammer, terrible if you want smooth gameplay tbh. Low production value was quite apparent as well.

I'm pretty certain from what I heard and seen so far that SW:TOR will be more like WoW was in vanilla, with a nice dialogue system added like Age of Conan had til level 20. Now if you want a game unlike the way WoW worked, or you hate Bioware's dialogue circle then the game will probably never appeal to you.
  18. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

But it had innovative class trees! So many combinations!
  19. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

pointless trees, cookie cutters would happen. Guild Wars system to eliminate classes is so much better. But tbh, i'm fine with class restrictions, just dont do it like Rift did :p
  20. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I think I'm allowed to say it's better than RIFT... But then a stapler to the face is better than RIFT.

I will probably not buy TOR.
    I am going to risk my neck by saying, Saul was right in terms of graphics though. The art is very nice (Though having AA would be nicer).