Lollipop Chainsaw

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aspira, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Offline

Alomancy Community Member

I found an IRL Lolliepop chainsaw. I winz the internet.

2. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

This thread just became watch-worthy. Still not reading it though.
  3. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Awww, Tvar needs a hug!
    Who's a bad mood bear today? *huggle*

Now back to zombies and tits.
  4. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

Bring da tittaaaaayz! :bounce:
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

My copy arrived today and I have been playing it for the last 5 hours or so.

I have to say that this is easily one of the best games I have played in a very long time.

The combat is insanely quick, makes god of war look like a slow game. The humor is amazing, its jam packed with as much childish jokes and innuendo as I think was possible.

Fizzee I recommend you get a copy as you will love this game. Definitely one made especially for you dude, especially sparkle hunting.

I am still hoping for a pc version with higher gfx, but I doubt it will happen.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Buy me an xbox and I'll get a copy :p

untill the xbox gets emulated or the game gets a port I can't play it :(
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Do like I did, buy a second hand xbox on eBay for pennies.

8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yo Fizzee there is a skill in the game I unlocked earlier called Chainsaw Dash (see here) where you run along with the chainsaw in front of you killing zombies you run into and there is an increased amount of rainbows from the kills. Also when in Rainbow Dash mode, there are sometimes jumps you can hit to get extra coins etc. etc. and when you jump in Chainsaw Dash mode, you leave a rainbow trail behind you as you fly through the air. Just telling you this so you can go ZOMG MLP REFERENCE!!!!!... then run out and buy the game and an xbox ofc.

Also quite funny, there is a toggle in this game to enter "Star Soul Mode" when you have collected enough stars from kills which basically makes you one shot zombies for a short time. The best part is when you are in Star Soul Mode, the in game music changes to the chorus from Mickey (see here).

Seriously Fizzee, 50 quid will get you an old model 360 on ebay, totally worth it to play this epic epic game.

Anyways, here is a full playthrough series on youtube I found if you are not going to buy it. I won't do any videos as I don't have a capture card as I hardly ever play console games.
  9. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

You fucking fail at links
  10. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

If it's so good, why is every review on the internet saying it's pretty shit? In summary, the girl is very annoying and the action is just button mashing with no skill?
  11. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Some people think SWTOR is the best mmo ever. Personal preference > reviews.
  12. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Yeah, but if I'm trying to decide whether to spend money on a game I'll listen to both. Often reviews come with reader reviews also, so you tend to get a decent reflection on quality. There are some exceptions though.
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

To sum it up gurth, you run around killing zombies to cheesy music and even cheesier one liners. Lots of blood lots of guts and lots of rainbows and sparkles.

Most people probably rate it low because it uses health bars, not bloodscreen, so younger players who grew up with CoD will not like it as they have to use skill and not just hide till they regenerate. The game actually also requires quite a bit of skill to get top end scores, and I'd your a skill-less button master, forget hard mode. Hard mode really is hard and unless you chain the correct abilities and the right time, you are going to die. You can't button mash hard mode. The game itself is also quite short, at around 8 hours to complete the story. It does have an immense amount of replayability, but it is a short game.

I highly recommend it if you like killing zombies and cheesy humour. It's a very different game compared to what we have been getting recently. Health bars and med packs (or lollipop meter and lollipops) instead of the retarded bloodscreen and regen CoD mechanic makes it amazing to me. Maybe its "out there" styling and mechanics make it score low, but I think its pretty amazing.

Oh and Fizzee - I will fix the links once my internet is fixed.

14. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

No, when your net is fixed you are going to get DayZ and come join me. they just released a new patch where zombies are finally more dangerous than players and you start with only a flashlight and some beans... real survivor style!
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Can you kill the zombies with a chainsaw ? Are there lots of rainbows ? :p

16. Offline

Tal The Architect

17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Tal you're such a Nazi :p

18. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Im thinking of getting Arma 2 for the DayZ mod, i was watching Destiny stream when they did this and it just made me laugh so much ahha. I'd definitely be one of those guys that goes round murdering people.
  19. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

It's a bit broken atm. They ramped zombies up too far and with no starting weapons, all the well geared guys are sitting on the hill over looking the spawn area and shooting new spawners for lulz.

Also the zed respawn is borked so you end up with far too many on you.
    Should be hotfixed in the next 48 hours though.