[GW2] Sylvari week before Gamescom

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Miyo, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I dunno but it clearly says

So they are in with a chance... :eek:
  2. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

So Sylvari have sex just for fun... interesting ;)

I just hope out for the partner he/she is not making out with a flesh eating plant...
  3. Offline

Ickorus Community Member

Im gonna go ahead and call it, Sylvari starting zone will be in the dream.
  4. Offline

Amannelle Community Member

haha well this is what I'm hoping, actually. I wrote this a while ago, as what I picture it would be like to be born a Sylvari:

I could hear… it… whatever it was. Oh, this must be a heartbeat—my heartbeat, I thought to myself. What an unusual sound it seemed to make, though somewhere inside I knew it was supposed to be. I felt warm and secure. I felt like I had been in that serene dream forever, and yet it also seemed I had been everywhere else forever as well… however long “forever” truly is. “Hello, my darling…” came the soothing, comforting voice I had come to know, “…your time is almost here.” I wondered at those words as they echoed about in my very being. They sounded so crisp and cool, yet so gentle and warm at the same moment.

Such peaceful joy seemed to resonate in those words. “I will miss you…” said the voice, a sudden change in mood. I shivered slightly from the chilling knowledge of what was to come once I was no longer part of my mother. However, she became confident and comforting once more, as she said “You will grow in strength and wisdom, and shall surely do great things.”

I could feel a sudden energy flowing into me from her. “Now… go!” she said with a gentle eagerness, and I began to stretch my arms forward. The wall of the golden fruit began to break open, flooding the inside with sunshine. Fading, I heard my mother’s voice one last time. “I will love you always…” she said, growing fainter by the moment. With those words to spur me on, I continued pushing outward, breaking open the side of the fruit. As my eyes adjusted, I could soon see the world beyond my world—the world called Tyria.

In-game, it would probably translate to something like this:

The screen is black first. The sound of a faint heartbeat begins to emerge, and a small golden glow pulses in the middle of the screen in rhythm with the heartbeat. Suddenly, a voice that is a mixture of rushing wind, chimes, and a woman's voice (the voice would have a whispery tone) speaks gently, saying "Hello, my darling..."

After a brief moment of silence (aside from the gentle heartbeat in the background), the voice goes on to say "your time is almost here..." The Pale tree is the one who decides gender, talents, etc. So it would be interesting if she spoke to you about the person you were briefly. For example "It is twilight now... soon you will be of Autumn, where crisp leaves form like golden crowns upon the face of the world. You are noble, my child... dignified in your ways." etc, continuing on regarding each choice the player had chosen in the biography (and perhaps showing images reflecting each choice). After saying all this and growing more and more confident in her voice, she suddenly becomes quiet again (and the screen goes black again, with the small pulsing heartbeat).

After another brief moment she says (almost crying) "I will miss you..."

Another moment of silence, then she says something encouraging to the character (again, perhaps pertaining to choices made in biography) and at this, golden cracks begin to form across the black screen. "Now... go!" she says in an eager tone, and the cracks begin to fill the screen rapidly, as the bright light begins to enter in. Just as the screen is becoming entirely white/gold, you hear the now-distant voice say "I will love you always..." Next thing you know, you are standing in the grove next to your broken fruit.

Now as much as I would love for that to happen, I don't think it will be that elaborate. :D It'll likely be like the other intros we've seen... but I can dream, eh? ;)
  5. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I have never been much of a lore person but GW2 actually has me reading stuff! Nice post btw.
  6. Offline

Oh! Also, what does this community think about the idea of "Branchlers"? On GW2Guru there are many who think it's a good idea, but I'd like to see what others think outside of that forum. :D "Branchlers" are Branch Antlers, for those who didn't pick up on it. ^^

(Drawn by Qvi, obviously-- not me)
    [IMG]
  7. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

8. Offline

I was just curious, since I didn't know how much people had discussed the redesign (I didn't see its thread, though I'll try searching for it again ^^ )
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I really like.
  10. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Well, im afraid its a topic we didnt touch yet, most of the people are probably waiting for the sylvari week to give their comments on the looks :p
  11. Offline

Haha that's probably the safest approach! :D Just a few more days. ^^
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Well, my char will look like a Japanese schoolgirl as much as possible. Can you photoshop a Sylvari to look that Amannelle ? :p
  13. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

You need to get out more matey!!
  14. Offline

Haha I can draw that for you if you want! xD What season should she be?
  15. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Im not so sure anymore about my offer to guide Aspira in an eventual Japan trip :O
  16. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Pfft who cares as long as it looks hot.
  17. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Sadly, Sylvari will never look like this.

[IMG]

:(
  18. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

SADLY!?!?!?!?!? :p
  19. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Dude, its awesome :(
  20. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

Evil tree nymph from Warhammer fantasy battles or what is that?