[GW2] Profession Reveals

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Acina, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

DAMN! I'm getting desperate here to know something new about the professions :'( arghhhhhh!!!!

btw, anyone has any idea on how interrupts are going to work in guildwars 2 ? Are there going to be ranger / mesmer interrupts like there was in gw1 ?
  2. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

They said somewhere that interrupts will be basically removed from the game as they are too dependant to latency. Too bad, interrupts were part of the skill imho, its like flaming someone good in Quake 3 arena because of his 10ms ping.
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I'm sure there is a release from Arena Net about the types of crowd control and interrupts they will have in GW2 and it is substantially less than GW1. I might be wrong. Not able to check atm as a bit busy but I will try to find it later, or maybe Acina can shed some light on this as his knowledge of GW1 and GW2 is quite scary.
  4. Online

Acina Admin Officer

I R the sponge of knowledge!!!!1
  5. Offline

Kamasutrah Classic Guild Member

hes spongebob squarepants!!!!!!
  6. Offline

Mizou Community Member

u all seem to forget, that necros are supports as well. also u should have seen that almost every class so far has 1 support skill. the warrior for examble can put up some sort of banner, this thing heals 95+ in the near area to any allied hero. necro got nice stuff, spending blood for mana and other stuff.

so there wont be a pure support class, yet.

i bet for

assassin
    mesmer
    and either paragon or derwish

im pretty sure they will add at least 1 of the factions/nightfall classes to the vanilla gw2 version but we will see :)

well if that is the case, why play a ranger ? honestly this sounds not good :( and i bet warriors still can knockdown so whats the point in removing the interrupts ... jesus sometimes i want to have abombs ^^
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

From the official site, we know there are three splats of professions: scholar, adventurer, and soldier. There will be three scholars, three adventurers, and two soldiers.

From an ArenaNet tweet: “Remaining four professions: at least one is a returning profession, at least one is similar with a different name, and at least one is new.”

My guesses based on this are.....

Mesmer, some sort of Engineer/Tinkerer, some sort of assassin/rogue(without stealth I hope), and the final class I image to be some sort of plate wearer, maybe a guildwars take on a Paladin style class, only less heals more pewpew.

We find out one new proffession in January anyways, lets see who can guess it right, I'm guessing Mesmer(or similar class with different name).
  8. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

9. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Acina, can we squeeze you a bit so you drip some knowledge about interrupts and crowd control effects ? We know necro will have fear, wich is something completely new, since necro had no interrupt / cc skills whatsoever in guildwars 1 (except for weeken knees) Necro had a lot of warrior and healer bane, had a lot of physical support "pump the damage up"... But fear? thats a whole new deal ;)

Also, ranger was like the master of interrupts... Ranger had skills to induce daze, had choking gaz, not to mention all those annoying d-shot, s-shots... Whatching great rangers play was amazing... they could actually predict when the opponent was going to use skills and pre-interrupt them (i'm talking about 3/4 sec cast skills being interrupted by 1/2 second attacks + the added arrow flight time... )
  10. Offline

Mizou Community Member

FEAR ? what the heck did they think. the worst of aion and i totaly mean the worst.... just think about it: fear without a healing class arround - erm sry ?!?
  11. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

well mizou from what i read, fear in GW2 will work pretty much like knockdown did in gw1, except that you will probably loose control to where your character moves for 3 seconds instead of staying in the ground for 3 seconds...

Doesnt seem that bad if it lasts for 3 seconds tops... still, i pose the question... necromancer didn't had any CC in gw1 and now it will have in gw2...

So TL;DR: don't be scared of fear! it won't be the IMBANESS WTF OMFG fear shriek, etc of aion!
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Spectre, you read the new GW2 book yet ?

Apparently the next class to be revealed is hinted at quite strongly in the new book so anyone who has read it will be able to have a good guess at what it might be.
  13. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Then its either the Blue Mace Lady (Logan) or the assassin (the sylvari).
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Ty for the reply Furie.

I'm slacking, still haven't finished Ghosts Of Ascalon, lol.

With what you said, I'm gona guess some sort of light armor dual wield melee DPS assassin type then, as the mace and shield blue lady concept art kinda threw me a bit, unsure as to what it could be.
  15. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

[MENTION=2]Aspira[/MENTION] i wish i had read the new book :( but up till recently amazon uk didn't have the paper edition and i checked now and its "Usually dispatched within 2 to 3 weeks."
    so it will take me some time to get the book :S

ps: no i dont own a kindle... :'(

Also, i'm sticking to my bets:

Blue mace lady => paladin whatever
    Assassin
    Mesmer
    Gunner
  16. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

You can download the kindle software for pc/android/iphone and read the ebook with that, you dont need the kindle hardware device.
  17. Offline

Mizou Community Member

thanks for this :) and the warrior can knockdown still from what i can see
  18. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

[MENTION=17]F U R I E[/MENTION]
    wow thats being CHEAP! :D

[MENTION=37]Mizou[/MENTION]
    ;) take a look at the KTR articles i posted on the news section, they have some great insight about how skills will work!
    Also read this (dont look at the website design, i know it's HORRIBLE and its a pain to read stuff there, try to copy-paste the article text to a notepad):
    http://gw2.mondespersistants.com/?article=171&page_art=2

--UPDATE--
    My book is on the way!!! :D
  19. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

It's 13-01-2011!
    Any bets on WHEN will the profession be revealed ?

i'm putting my money on 20th !
  20. Offline

Mizou Community Member

25th

i bet 1 copper