FFXIV: ARR Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Acina, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I played this for about 1 month and 2 weeks and also did a bit of beta. Its not a horrible game but it has some flaws that I got bored with. Mainly the constant 300ish MS you are forced to play with due to no European servers (and balmung, yes ff11 was in japan but this is 2013 now!) and the fact the game has 2,5 sec global cooldown. The global cooldown i am pretty sure is there to compensate for every ones lag but its soooo dull and slow.

If it wasn't for these 2 issues I would still play it and wait for the pvp patch. But pvping with 300ms, I can even buy the global cooldown, is not going to be enjoyable.

And the pve is not exciting enough to keep you playing. Its sometimes mind-numbingly easy and nothing more than a gearcheck and requires only half a brain. If you lack any of that yeah you might consider it hard but if you have an average IQ level and the capability to move out of shit on the ground + grinded your gear there is imo absolutely no challenge in the PvE of this game. It's all a big gear-check! Brings no new mechanics or anything specially to play around.

All this said.. It's cheap as fuck to buy and you get 30 days free. I would give it a 3/5 and recommend it for anyone that is extremely bored to try it with 0 expectations. you might like it.
  2. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

I did binding coil turn 1-4 last night, if you had ever made it that far into the PvE content you'd proly change your mind about its diffculty :p
    Everything else pretty much on point
  3. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Lag is now fixed.

Anything from Titan up is brain-check, and no one in the world has killed bahamut coil 5, so it's not easy ;p

Although, Doodle never killed Titan.... Better come back and prove ya self!! :p
  4. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

wiped on turn 4 20%. That shit is so hard. we actually ended up kiting EVERYTHING on that elevator.
  5. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Lag is gone? There is no delay anymore?
  6. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Correct! Although, you still see sometimes people inside the circle but not being hit. They fixed it by making sure the user side, as in you, move instantly without any latency. It's actually amazeballs the difference. Pvp could actually be good now.
  7. Offline

Law Community Member

This is the guy that caused the "Hsulf" saying and we are meant to believe him? mmmmmm in the words of "Chewing the fat" - "I smell Shite"

8. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

But how does that work if the players are not where you see them on your sceeen for pvp. Sounds horrible bro
  9. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Better get used to getting Hsulf'd son, it's a world wide phenomena don't ya know.

Dooooodle It has improved client side a little bit also. I think there's a good two months till pvp is out anyway! Still plenty of time to get it sorted.

Game is still fun, but I am trying to find other decent games to play. Gimme hearthstone plox.
  10. Offline

Law Community Member

Awww someone called me Son! That is amazing since I grew up with no parents! Least I know I have a daddy now!
  11. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

12. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

13. Offline

Law Community Member

Why fight the large big bird?
  14. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

the close up on the harp :)
  15. Offline

HardKoar Community Member

Amg pixels !! Fapfapfapfap!
  16. Offline

Law Community Member

She does have a nice harp! I would do a big yellow bird lady with a harp. Not sure if that follows under a furry or a birdy or whatever lol!
  17. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Anyone still playing on Odin? guild invite ples.
  18. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

brah, this game is now officially on gothsulfed status
  19. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I'm pretty certain all of us that were playing are now play WoW (again)!
  20. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

im still playing but with a proper raid guild