[F1] Formula 1 2011 Season Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aspira, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Offline

Furyon Community Member

seen the race myself....i gotto say wat alonso did on the start was brilliant....to bad that cound hold it for long...nice race Button
  2. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

damn stright, he should get thrown out, any decent driver like Schu, Prost or Senna would have did it right and put Hamilton in the third row of the stand. :D
  3. Offline

Mizou Community Member

i love Michael Schumacher, he reminds me always about my grandma
  4. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

That.. didn't make ANY sense.
  5. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Senna most amazing driver in F1, my dad made me watch stuff he had recorded when I was younger and my god those races were amazing.
  6. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

7. Offline

Kammie Community Member

Best 20 laps of F1 for a LONG time, and the post race interview with Hamilton on the BBC was hilarious, he could barely talk he was so angry, blatently wanted to flip out and stab Schumacher. So glad Schumi didnt get a penalty, proper racing like that is what makes the sport fun to watch, I hate the "only one defending move" rule.
  8. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I think we watched different interviews :D

The race was great though.
  9. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Compare this to what Schumi did:

End result: Lewis gets a penalty.

Hilarious how when lewis breaks a tow on the straight then moves back across to take his line, it's a 20 second post race penalty, when Schumi does far far far worse, it's all cool.

And yet I remember you raging about what a dick Hamilton was for "defending like that" back then.

*whistles*
  10. Offline

Shantotto Guest

This is also hilarious,

I'm not calling racist bullshit on the FIA but....

You can clearly see Raikonnen shutting the door, forcing lewis off the track, lewis concedes the position back, wins the race, then gets a 25s post-race penalty.
    Seeing a pattern yet?

11. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Yeah but everyone hates lewis not because of the colour of his skin but because he is a smug git, so we are all biased and proud of it \o/

Anyways it more to do with the fact he is driving a McLaren they always get picked on, always have done.
  12. Offline

adagio Moderator

Being a mclaren driver should come with a warning. Your never going to be treated fairly by the fia. It's gone on for years and it will probably never change.

Being a proper racer makes it an even harder game for you. If you need any proof just watch the senna doc. Senna was a proper driver and a playboy in a mclaren but was always treated as a second class citizen by the fia. They even once changed grid sides in one race to give prost an advantage. Racers will always get the brunt of decisions. Pr drivers will always get championship.
  13. Offline

Kammie Community Member

i do agree that he is, it seems, treated unfairly be the stewards. I didnt mention about penalties for schumacher, i fully expected him to get punished when watching it. I just think the rule should be removed, its one of those "safety rules" that calms the sport down and makes it ultimately less fun.

Be seriously, rewatch the lewis interview, he was just giving one word answer and when asked "do you think what schumacher did was fair" he looks angry and says "sure" and wants to leave the interview.

Hamilton is a good driver, just too recklass and inconsistent to win in the current F1 style of races.
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Any race where Hamilton doesn't get it all his own way is a good race to watch. I hate the smug arrogant prick. Was a great race with some awesome drives from some of the lower and mid pack teams.

I hope next years Ferrari will have more race stamina. They seem to one of the strongest, if not the strongest car on the grid for the first third of the race, then slowly deteriorate as the race goes on and end up fighting to hold onto positions at the end. Would be nice if they fixed that and we could see some nice Redbull vs. MacLaren vs. Farrari vs. Mercedes next year as all 4 of those teams have great potential going into next year.

I talk about next year because yea, this year is already over. Some great circuits coming up though... Suzuka, oh yes, epic track and epic grid girls.

Oh, and watching that old video from 2000...... I wish Mika Hakkenen would come back to F1.
  15. Offline

Mizou Community Member

is ferrari actually using the right wheels ? :D i imagine bobbycars who can drive faster at certain times hihi
  16. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I wonder who the best driver in boon is :D
  17. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

I say we settle this in some of those!

[IMG]
  18. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

BOON Karting day would be epic.
  19. Offline

Kammie Community Member

Im down. Although as Shanto cant attest to...I has skillz in dangerous driving situations :D
  20. Offline

Shantotto Guest

But no idea how to drive fast :p