[F1] Formula 1 2011 Season Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aspira, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

last race was amazing indeed. I really enjoy it
  2. Offline

adagio Moderator

Apart from the usual overtakers trying different moves on different corners the only time anyone overtook was on the straight with the rear wing adjustment. What they should do is have ballast added to the championship leaders to slow them down enough to bring them inline with others. oh and then give the back three teams a front mounted machine gun. I'd watch that shit!!!
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Mounted machine guns, yes!
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

[IMG]
  5. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

just play this!
  6. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Screw that, Twisted Metal 2 was the SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Can't wait for Twisted Metal on the PS3 :)

7. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

some twisted metal were good, but some were just as terrible :p
  8. Offline

Kammie Community Member

twas win on a stick again, only thing was that the DRS overtaking was a little too easy this time. drs+kers+slipstream = just walking past :/
  9. Offline

adagio Moderator

They need to find out a way to even teams. I got the feeling yesterday vettal could have won a lot easier if he wasn't worried about tyres. This makes it boring!! Although I do love how everyones attitude to schumey has changed.
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

There are always going to be good teams and shit teams. Like how there will always be masters players and bronze leaguers. I agree that a more balanced field would surely be more exciting to watch as you wouldn't know who would be on top, but at the same time, teams at the top get there by putting serious time and money into it so its well deserved.

Personally I would like to see aerodynamics be heavily restricted, and instead go back to the good old days of big turbo engines and slicks. Basically, I would like to see the rule book consist of;
    1. All the follow Aerodynamics are banned. <insert list>
    2. If your car abides to rule 1 and fits in this box, its legal.

Thats all that is needed. Then we would have the glory days of 1980's motorsport returning.
  11. Offline

Shantotto Guest

They are reducing drag in 2013, and eliminating lots of the aero stuff on cars ( + tyre size increase ) and keeping DRS and I think KERS.
  12. Offline

Shantotto Guest

And also 5 people dying every race :p
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Danger is the most important ingredient in making interesting motorsport. Danger doesn't mean death though..... Sure F1 is dangerous, wheel to wheel battles in open wheel racers at 200mph.... but I see rally as being more dangerous..... 150+ mph through forests...... but still, due to modern safety design, people don't die that easy in crashes.

Bring back the excitement and thrills of 1980's F1 I say.... and bring back the Group B while your at it!!!
  14. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

nah, winner gets 100 million euro's and is the only one that survives. Racers start with bombs attached to them, who ever wins gets to survive. Oh and scrap all the lame safety features.

2 problems solved, 1 motivation for drivers, 2 you've got the festivity fireworks sorted out!
  15. Offline

Shantotto Guest

fuck yeah.

Watch canada bitches.
  16. Offline

Mizou Community Member

canada was epic idd

during monaco i felt asleep, too boring shit
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Canada <3

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  18. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

The rear wings stuff was supposed to make over taking exciting,,, seeing them just glide past MSC on the middle of the striaght with and have time to have a sandwich before breaking for the corner made me a sad panda, was just too easy.
  19. Offline

Mizou Community Member

stfu katie ^^
  20. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Drifting like a madman :d