[F1] Formula 1 2011 Season Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aspira, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

it'll get exciting again with the upcoming spaceship contests! It's just technology surpassing the sports atm :p (already did since the 90's atleast)
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Tbh, Redbull Air Race is probably the most exciting "sport" you can watch at the moment.
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

never really watch it, only fragments. It seems to be advertised alot.
  4. Offline

Shantotto Guest

5. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

6. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

thats insane, bet the driver in the middle shat himself lol
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Hakkinen was a beast.
  8. Offline

adagio Moderator

The one thing I believe sport has forgotten is that it is there to entertain. Football has lost this due to professionalism and vast amounts of advertising. F1 was about fast cars and playboys. The last one was probably Eddie Irvine? What they need to do is get a car designer like mike gascoingn to design a chassis and rear wing and say build your car on top of this. Take out the anti locks and wheel spin nonsense then let's see if the drivers have the talent.
  9. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Footballs lost it because its a bunch of pre-madonnas who stub their toe and have to be stretched off the pitch, its full of diving and players doing everything they can to get free kicks/penalties

I'm not saying rugby is perfect but at least nobody tries to hide the fact that subtle thumps/boots in the thick of it do happen, and its fairly rare (except on that vid shant showed!) for players to come off for no real reason. Also gotta love the no time wasting element of rugby, injury = clock stops, there's no added time which the players can build up themselves.

Sorry I just hate football :p

Women's Beach Volleyball, now there is a entertaining sport.
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yep. Used to remember watching the F1 and guys like Eddie Irvine would be turning up on race day half cut with a girl on each on arm.
  11. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

oh nice, those 2 vids were awesome
  12. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

ah yeah F1, nothing makes me fall a sleep faster than the hypnotic sounds of the F1 cars as they swosh by
  13. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Amazing race.
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Tbh, it was a pretty boring race. Only real excitement was Jenson's pitstop mishap, Webber's incredible drive to get to where he finished and that was pretty much it. The rest was kinda snooze-fest.
  15. Offline

Shantotto Guest

[IMG]
  16. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

i did wonder how webber cought up 16 places and over took Button?
  17. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Must have used illegal rock cake engine injection.
  18. Offline

Mizou Community Member

i liked the race today also, was very exciting for the first time again. tbh the start made it intresting and they had to fight
  19. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Who says F1 is boring, fuck you :p Watch the last two races and come back and say that again.
  20. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

vroom-vroom, cars go round and round again.. :p