EU Arkship

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Acina, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

ok, since noone else done it yet, here's my writeup :)

So , after a few hectic days, heres what my experience was like.
    I can't talk about about 70-80% of what we did/was said during the event as it was covered by a NDA, but here's what I can talk about.

First up, we got to play the low level experience of both Dominion and the Exiles. I played Warrior, esper and spellslinger during these sessions.
    I wont go into any great detail about this, since there is a ton of videos of it from PAX, so if you want to check how it looks, just search for that on youtube, or check the Wildstar forum sections here.

What was new however, was that all 4 Paths were available, whereas before only Soldier and Explorer has been shown.
    So I picked both Settler and Scientist on my characters. Settler path started me off looking for gears scattered over the zone that were to be used as building material for a little structure you could build. After getting enough materials, i got to choose between different stats for the ”buff totem” as I like to call it. One was more power, one was health i think etc. early on you can only build these low level stuff, and i assume they despawn after awhile. (theres also a build time involved) In later zones/levels you will need more settlers to build stuff as otherwise it will take ages.
    You also get a reward when ppl use your stations, but i didnt notice anything from that.

Scientist i didnt play around with much, but you start off with a little flying bot that scans stuff both autmatically, and when doing the relevant path missions, you manually have to collect resources like crystals and other materials. Not sure exactly what you can do with them, but it's apparently a ”lore heavy” path, so you collect stuff like books and chronicles related to the background of the game and clues about the planet.

All path's have unique skills and even mounts later on i think, but I wasnt high enough to see any of that.

Next up was Housing , which again, i did not see anything that wasnt already shown at PAX so go look for those videos.
    Feel free to ask me anything about it though.

We the got the first ever look at a dungeon, Stormtalons Lair. We set it up so that we went at in in about 10-12 5 man teams and competed to see who would progress the most ( BOON team won as we already let you know earlier) .
    we got to second boss ( out of 4) but then we really rushed it with no breaks or picking up loot etc, no wipes but one near. We got lvl 22 characters to use, ( the dungeon is around lvl 20 in difficulty) and i specced my Spellslinger as sort of a DPS/heal hybrid. This was the first boss he had shielded mobs, so at stage 1 you attacked him, then he bubbled up and you had to take out his healing adds one by one, all the time while there was a lot of damage telegraphs on the ground you needed to avoid. After taking them down, he went a bit mental, and you had to really bring your a game.
    Overall, not to challenging but a good enough first boss fight of the game. Second boss we initiated on i think but didnt have time to finish but it was a bit more difficult since he spawns whirlwinds and tornadoes all over the place that you need to run a gauntlet around. If you got caught you almost died all the time if you werent fast enough to spring out. In total there are 4 bosses i think in it. Check the image album for all the pics of it.

After that we did PvP, an arena tournament with again, around 10-12 teams in the 3vs3 bracket. You started off with 8 or 10 respawns for your team, and the goal was to be the last one standing wiith one or more still alive ( there was also a 30 min timer that would close games that hadnt finished before then) This time around i picked Esper, and built him as a heavy DPS/CC build.
    My team mates ( fallanx and KC) went with warrior and spellslinger. The arena map also featured walls with barbed wire on top of it that really took advantage of Wildstars ”double jump” feature, and also really rewarded you if you managed to hug the walls and drag people around corners.
    We ended up in third place after going up against the second half of our PvE team (that finished a well deserved 1st place) in the semi's in the closest fought game for all of us. One thing that was really fun was both the healing and doing cc telegraphs, and chasing a spellslinger or esper that was healer spec was a really tough job since they just wouldnt die [IMG] . the time-to-kill was currently fairly long, which some may like and other may hate.
  2. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Omg Merkbot. Where is the tl;dr
  3. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

So if i get it correctly, you have 4 different paths for 4 different types of gamers?
    • Warrior » Grinders
    • Explorer » Explorers
    • Scientist » Lore Junkies
    • Settler » Crafters
    How do these paths mix between players? Per example i can do explorer missions with Warrior friends?
  4. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Explorers can open up areas others would not otherwise gain access too, Warriors se tif combat events that others can not, these kind of things, handy to have but not end of the world not to have.
  5. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Let's play it instead of posting about it ^^
  6. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

more or less, yeah.
    and yes, if you for example do a explorer mission that opens up a underground cavesystem, anyone near or atleast in the same group as you can join in. same goes for Soldier path missions. not sure what kind of reward you get, but you can intereact with the missions. as for Scientist and Settler, thats something you more interact with others of the same path i think
  7. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

So where is my key again?
  8. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Grinder4life

Killa, carry me to the locations and I nuke stuff kk?
  9. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

hmm didn't notice a /follow command....
  10. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

ohh dear
  11. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

i shall lvl solo :)
  12. Offline

Screenager Community Member

Im just updating so Killa will open the thread again looking for more updates.... though nuts lad ;)
  13. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Screenage'd :(
  14. Offline

Tumbleweed Classic Guild Member

Poor Killa, now he's gonna have to open the thread again and meet disappointment...again.. :bomb:
  15. Offline

Ilyria Veteran BOON

And again and again and again and again ... :D
  16. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Bump for troll
  17. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

18. Offline

Saul Community Member

You should have PM'd me and I would have met up for a BEER.. also Did Tvar get Ass raped, cause he looks like he would fit in, in Kemp town.. :) J/k Tvar :)
  19. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

20. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

I want but I'm not sure if I should play beta (assuming it has no relevance on actual release stats), because I don't want to hate it early.