Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Offline

Law Community Member

The Expansion is meant to bring out Multi-Crew of 2x Players in one ship. Someone to Fly/Gun, someone to Land/System Checks. How true this will be, I can tell you when they release the beta of it very shortly (Possible 30th Nov).

It also brings in Crafting, Low Level Flight, Base Building and so forth.

Again will post more when tested more.
  2. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Ok cool... be good to know more. I saw the multi crew flight thing and it didn't interest me too much (as I've no mates!)
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I picked this up for 9 quid recently and plan to play at some point in the future (currently subbed for a different game).

The comment about adding multi-crew is nice to hear as that is one of the things that really got me interested in Star Citizen. Would hope that when/if multi-crew comes to Elite, its not just 1xPilot/Gunner and 1xPassenger. Would be nice to ensure the other person/people have meaningful roles and not just sit there waiting to press a land button.
  4. Offline

Law Community Member

Unless you buy the Expansion, you can't do multi-crew as far as I know. Sucks I know but well... This is the choice of their business model.

Standard Game 2.0 = 32Bit / 64Bit Versions.
    Horizons Expansion 2.0 = 64Bit Client (They could't make it work on 32Bit).

It is very buggy right now so not going to give an impression of it just yet! Fun but buggy.
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yea I know I will most likely be limited with the base game, but I can expand later when the price is right. :)
  6. Offline

Law Community Member

Well when you get into it, give me a shout, I can help with early credits. Can't give you any but you can leach of my bounty kills and you can make Millions a hour! That is if you want a boost if not enjoy a good 200 Hour grind! :D
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Played for an hour this evening.

Pretty much put the game on the shelf until I can get a hotas as playing on mouse and keyboard is impossible lol.

Might pinch a shot of my brothers hotas until I can get one in a sale (he got his Saitek x52 for 50 quid!).
  8. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

I play with a mouse and keyboard and find it fine - clearly either lacking my skills (or perhaps my tolerance!) :). I would like to get some peripherals though as it ruins the effect in the Rift. Watching your hands mimic the movements you are making in the cockpit is pretty incredible.
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I tried using a hotas on my brothers pc and the comparison vs mouse and keyboard is like night and day.

I have pretty low patience and the mouse and keyboard frustrated the life out of me.
  10. Offline

Law Community Member

11. Offline

Talisker Veteran BOON

Aspira you never need to add that to any of your sentences, it is well known.
    p.s. Law's trailer was filmed using keyboard and mouse.
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Oi Talisker you cheeky bugger!
  13. Offline

Law Community Member

If you own Elite Dangerous you can buy the Expansion for 25% less on their website and steam. If you buy the expansion from their website you will be given a steam key on your account page if you so wish to play it there!
  14. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

The reviews for this on Steam are suspicious to say the least.... the last 20 reviews are all negative with big descriptions.
    Prior to that a big run of positive reviews all in a row.... sort of feels like a company telling every one of their employees to hype up the game.

Don't get me wrong... I love Elite and I'll probably get back to it soon. But this feels like a 20 quid expansion and not a 60 quid game.
    I'll be waiting for a 66% knock-down I think as even the positive reviews say there's little to do on planets (for now).
  15. Offline

Law Community Member

Personally It isn't worth the money right now. Just letting people know that is all.

I bought the Limited Lifetime Expansion pack before the game went into Alpha so I scored on that end for price but even I am pretty shocked at how bad this expansion pack is right now. Each to their own though.