Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Offline

Law Community Member

2. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

Very nice, they keep adding content at a steady pace. Think i'll wait for planetary landing expansion tho, hopefully before SC release.
  3. Offline

Law Community Member

Won't be out for a massive amount of time as they said "Planetside" was going to be a Expansion and they wanted Multi-Crew, Walking around Stations to be out first. I would say that is at least 1 year away.
  4. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

how come i hear sound in space brahs
  5. Offline

Tarsius Community Member

The interface is much clearer on my rift now - that was a major issue before ( although I still have to lean close to read some readouts )
  6. Offline

Law Community Member

Cause you only hear them in "Space" brah, you still have O2 inside of a container which creates sound. Even if you were in a EVA Suit you would still hear your own breath. Only in the deep voice of space do you hear nothing as it has the vacuum.

and if you are being sarcastic then its because of fucking space magic brah!
  7. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

the video is filmed outside of the ship, from space. and i hear sound.

clearly not a realistic game bro's. Is there any way to pay to not hear sound?
  8. Offline

Talisker Veteran BOON

You forgot this game has faster than light travel doodle.
  9. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Oh so got to check this out .... text was always difficult to read. Looking forward to a clearer screen and having more to do. Think I'll get back into my ASP and maybe do some mining for a while.
    Is the new Powerplay patch out now already?
  10. Offline

Law Community Member

25% Off right now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/359320/ not sure if you can find it cheaper or if it will go past 25% but still a fantastic deal if you are looking for a Filler with Space PVP with friends.
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I was expecting it to be cheaper tbh.

Will pass for now and see if it goes £20 or less come the winter sale.
  12. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

To be honest - it doesn't deserve to be less. They are still generating a lot of content for it and it's a great game.
    I've gotten a good bit more fun out of it from the Power Expansion just gone and the Rift experience is nothing short of incredible.... you can lose yourself for hours in the world!
  13. Offline

Law Community Member

For that Price it was well worth it tbh. You won't see another deal like that for awhile as they can't afford to have it on discount as they are still developing the game. Been playing the new Power Play and it does give more things to do. Looking forward to the Arena Mode PVP coming soon.
  14. Offline

Law Community Member

15. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

best GC surprise so far, they are also widening the gap with SC -

https://community.elitedangerous.com/node/247
  16. Offline

Law Community Member

Yes very nice to see they are pushing ahead with content. Widening the gap with SC.... Mmm not really, Elite is a released game and SC is in development. Two different business models one rushed to release to refill money, the other soaking in the $$$ and can take as long as they want. Two 100% different games even with same features. One thing I would say though is Elite has a nasty habit of showing stuff you "CAN'T" do in the game. Will see this year but looking good so far, hope they don't disappoint again!

SC's Live Stream tomorrow night and they are showing off Multi-Crew and FPS Demos. Should be interesting.
  17. Offline

Law Community Member

Note: All "BETA" players will receive a free MRK4 Cobra in your Docked Station Hangar come 1.5 Release!
  18. Offline

Law Community Member

19. Offline

Law Community Member

http://store.steampowered.com/app/359320/

E:D is on sale right now on steam for under £10 for the first installment of the game. Expansion about to be released for beta this weekend, this would have to be purchased to play the features, bit like WoW's expansions if I am right!
  20. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Have played a lot of Elite Dangerous and I'd highly recommend it for 10 quid for the original game. I paid pretty much full price for it and I thoroughly enjoyed it - will get back to it soon as it's absolutely mind blowing on the Rift.

Having said that - I'm not sure I'm seeing enough in this expansion to pay so much for it. One of the problems with Elite is that it's kind of lonely (although this is nice at times too)... landing on your own on a planet feels like it might be fun for an hour and then fairly pointless. I know you're meant to be able to find unique things etc. and maybe this will be enough... but I'm not sure.

I think if it was like 20 euro or something I'd get it so I'll probably wait until it comes down in price.