Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Typical KC hehe.
  2. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Fucken didn't work >< RAGE!, give it a week then I will sign up with BT instead
  3. Offline

Gib Community Member

I am with BT, not fibre though as I moved to a place that the council won't let them put a fibre cabinet despite there being a ton of fucking space for it. While I had it at my previous place it worked fine though and was around 75meg download speed.

The downside to being with BT is you sometimes have conversations like this...

• "BT customer service how can I help you"
    • "Hello, my internet isn't working, probably because the wire has fallen off the house in a storm last night, I can see it is broken."
    • "Oh dear I am sorry to hear you have a problem, first of all could you check that your socket has a filter on it"
    • "The wire has fallen of the house, I think that is the likely reason it doesn't work"
    • "I am sorry sir, I need to know if you have a filter, and also please check you are using the main socket"
    • "Yes I have a filter, yes it is the main socket, the wire, has fallen, off the house."
    • "Do you have a spare filter you could use to check that it is not a faulty filter sir?"
    • "I do, and I can, but you see, THE WIRE HAS FALLEN OFF THE FUCKING HOUSE, I THINK THAT IS THE FUCKING PROBLEM"
    • "please don't swear at me sir, I am doing my very best to help you, do you have a problem with telephone at all?"
    Good luck KC, may the force be with you.
  4. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Scripted Call Centers, you gotta love them :')
  5. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

They do that because the average customer is a fucking retard and that is as true as it gets. 90% of the problems are on the customers end and something dumb like not even actually plugging the equipment in to the wall. Also they are trying to save you the added cost they will bill you if they send out a tech guy and it ends up being a fault at your end.

And it really doesnt matter how many times you try to convince the customer service rep you are right, they know better than to trust you if trained right :p
  6. Offline

Gib Community Member

I ended up getting a sneaky internal UK number off a fella in the BT business team who I rang out of frustration to try and get some sense. He laughed his arse off and apologised, engineer fixed the wire the next day.

Few months later I had a problem at my new address, this time they asked me to go outside and see if I could see any damage to the street cabinet or cabling under the street.....

Sec, I'll get me digger, brb.
  7. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I lived in an area where the cabinets where constantly being vandalised, so when I used to call it it was one of the first questions they would ask!
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

9. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Yeah that was an epic thread,, tbh Sky has been great and no hassle bar the fact I can't get a decent Fibre speed, I asked to go back to my old sky unlimited with a 20meg connection and they agreed no-problem then gave me the broadband for a year free of charge for the hassle......
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

So, is this game worth it?

Is the multiplayer/co-op decent as all the videos online are solo players. Can you make little smuggler teams troll about?
  11. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

I haven't played multiplayer but I've thoroughly enjoyed playing single player. There is a lot of fun to be had trading, mining, exploring and fighting. The AI fighters aren't great but it's still quite a bit of fun.

I mostly played on the Rift though which brings it to a whole new dimension.... no game has as good a support for VR that I've found.

G
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Do you think it's better to wait for star citizen or pick up elite dangerous?

Just wondering if any space sim players have any input on that question as I am looking for something new to play and elite dangerous looks alright, but it doesn't look like you are able to "group up" with friends to do things.

Looks like a great single player experience, but all the videos I have seen of people trying to play co-op are very clunky looking.

Wondering if it's better to wait for Star Citizen or if Elite Dangerous will be patched to make grouping more simple.
  13. Offline

Law Community Member

Elite Dangerous:
    Simple to play, fun to play, little grindy for endgame content (Bigger ships). Good fun solo but more fun with Group play aka "Wings" (4x Ship Group).

They are going to be bringing out Group Missions soon which should make things even more fun. The downside to Elite Dangerous is it is very very basic. Without being able to get out your ship and walk around its kinda meh.

Star Citizen:
    Got ways to go (Alpha Universe at the End of the Year). Will kick the living shit out of Elite though when its done.

Right now Elite Dangerous is very fun but with Elite they are on the opposite end of the scale to Star Citizen.

Star Citizen = Taking its time to build it, making sure everything is in place, building the whole game before releasing it. Will have more features then you know what to do with them.

Elite Dangerous = Rushed Release to make money, lacks content and multiplayer content, will bore you out in under two weeks, the good stuff will come in time, when is another matter!

Personally Star Citizen 100% > Elite Dangerous and I have played Elite for about 300 hours now. But with Elite you can play it now, which is nice but prepare to put it down and keep picking it up once they release more.
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

To be honest, I would rather save the money and continue playing Payday 2 and mix in something like Cities Skylines to give me something new to play, than splurge on a space sim game that is a stop gap before I play a better space sim game.

Think I will wait for Star Citizen.

Thanks for the input dude, really appreciate your opinion giving your /played time.
  15. Offline

Law Community Member

Wow sorry for really late reply.

Elite is a great game but its lacking in what most "Older" player wants these days. We want to play a game for months and focus on it, Elite can't deliver that, it has zero immersion for a Space Sim. I am pretty sure the game will kick ass but it needs 1-2 years of Content added to make it even worth the time spent grinding for larger stuff.

The worst part is ZERO Guild Options. A MMO type game without a Guild Function is just shit imo. Yes it has a Group (Mini Guild) type system but its balls tbh. No one knows your name unless you stream, nothing to show "ohhh, look at that guy".

Again only personal opinion, like you said Star Citizen is worth the wait as it already delivers what most can't even do right. I play more of a Alpha-Not-Even-Made game then a Released Game, which says it all.

Good as a filler but nothing more.
  16. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

17. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

This game is going to be ATLEAST as good as the song the took inspiration from when they made it and decided the name.
  18. Offline

Law Community Member

19. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Holy ChangeLog Batman! That's insane how much they are fixing..... think I'll have to play a litlte more.
    Might even go mining again in my Asp.... good ship for that sort of thing! With collection drones it should scale pretty well on pristine rings. I really enjoyed the lonliness and feeling of space associated with mining! A real sense of working for money as opposed to trading which felt like the stock market to some extent. I guess this is one area where SC will shine... that sense of doing everything including loading your cargo and walking to the buyer/seller.
  20. Offline

Law Community Member

Elite will one day have that! They are just on the other scale of game compared to Star Citizen. Elite Dangerous wanted the game out, so people would fund development. Star Citizen wanted Fund to make Development.

In the end both games will have nearly the same roles and systems just I think Star Citizen will look and feel better.