Diablo III beta confirmed for Q3

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, May 9, 2011.

1. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

2. Offline

Juggernaught Classic Guild Member

3. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

1 word
    Activision

Nothing to see here people, just another IP getting bled dry by old Bobby.
  4. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Seriously, fuck them. I never liked the no LAN decision for SC2 and the lack of digital retailers options besides their own (expensive) store, but this brings greed to a whole new level.
  5. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Have to agree, wtf were they thinking, irl money AH and no offline gaming at all. >.<
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

You are asking what a company, owned by a man who dislikes gamers and games but loves to make money, Is thinking?!?

I'll tell you
    "how can I bleed them bastards dry"

EA are heading that way but thankfully are still allowing some creative freedom.
  7. Offline

Juggernaught Classic Guild Member

The biggest issue I see is hat ppl keep buying their crap and therefore empowering them that this is the way to go.
  8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I've not touched an activision product since the mw2 debacle, and even cancelled
    My wow account.
  9. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Honestly I don't get why ppl are bitching about this SC2 requires you to be logged in via battle.net as well to play the campaign. So if ppl claim they didn't see this coming then they need to remove their collective heads from their arses!!!
  10. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

11. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

The online thing isn't much of an issue, maybe for ppl with wooden modems and shitty connections. But really an AH using IRL cash, where Blizz takes a cut for the sales, I thought this was a joke at first. :confused:
  12. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Lets be honest, if you bought SC2 75% it is not for the singleplayer campaign but instead for the multiplayer and the 1v1, 2v2 ladders.. I didnt finish the singleplayer myself.
    D3 is an another story, yes there are people interested in playing multi but the majority of the people want a Diablo 2 sequel, with its amazing singleplayer and the incredible replayability it brought. So yes outrage.
  13. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Many buy sc for the singleplayer campaign. that was the only reason i bought it i loved the original and brood war campaigns so much as a kid
  14. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

But then again, are you online now? Will you be online of any sort while playing D3? What's the issue really?
  15. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Im online yes, but i also get dcs from time to time. I know of people having net plans with time usage (why should i pay for the net while im playing singleplayer and im not even using it?) and i know a lot of people especially in the US with data caps (why should i use my bandwith for something im not even using, no matter how small the traffic is?). And also there are people that dont have a decent DSL connection, forced to use USB satellitary keys with not so great pings (will the game just require a connection during singleplayer or will you play on an empty server to simulate it, with the commands going through the net and therefore affected by ping?)
    Or simply im bringing my laptop somewhere without a net and im unable to play the singleplayer of the game because of that.
  16. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I see your point, fair enough.
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yea as much as the "must be online" thing doesn't affect me, furie's post kinda shows how it can affect others.

I don't like the must be online to play concept, nor the real money auction house. But hey, the art style looks like wow rather than the past diablo games so I'm not buying it anyway.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner