Diablo III beta confirmed for Q3

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, May 9, 2011.

1. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

That's because they throw away games they aren't 99% statisfied with, I mean even complete games that could've done decent have been thrown in the bin. They also tend to make fans anticipate for extremely long times, it's like holding off some drug from someone and just as they are about to get rid of withdrawal symptoms they release their game...

It's not just part of their quality assurance but also part of their marketing, the games themselves I find quite good but they are not my all-time favorite games.
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yea, WotLK and Cataclysm, 10/10 games....... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no.
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Ex..pan...sion...eyy, besides that there are plenty of people that are fine with being drugged continually I suppose. Not to mention reviews (both player and site reviews) are never accurate when it comes to MMO's, the only rating that matters is your own.
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

True.
  5. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Those expansions just increased their subs so you cant say they failed with that either. Honestly they were still worth the money and i had many hours of fun playing both expansions, even though i pretty much quit both about 3 months in to them. But not because they sucked, but because im just bored of the game.

And besides this is not an expansion =p
  6. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Nobody can really argue that with 11million subs wow isn't a good game, it might not be to us because we've done it and want more pvp based mmo but it's still the best pve mmo available.

As above expansions are just a way to keep the masses happy with new content for subs they are hardly ever as good as the oringinal.
  7. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Yeah we can agree on that WoW is the most profitable game, nothing said about how good it is (atleast not nowadays), mkay?
    D3 will be good, no doubt about that, but I think it will lack the neverending depth there is in an MMO and is why it'll never replace a good guild-intensive BOON'd game. I fear I won't touch D3 if I'm already caught up in a decent MMO or beta tbh. Which is probably shame, cos I'm sure I'd like it atleast to some extent. But yeah.
  8. Offline

Tal The Architect

Tvar, unfortunately you, like most people in this thread are the minority of gamers. It's quite hard for a game to be profitable unless it's good. WoW is probably one of the most successful gaming franchises in the world.

I wouldn't personally rate the expansions as 10/10 but I know a lot of people that would. What I would say is that I've enjoyed WoW more than any other recent MMO.

For me, I always appreciate Blizzard and Valve titles. They tend to be quite polished from release compared to any other game I've played from other developers. I would rather play a game that's spent a long time in development from these companies than another CoD that's rushed out the door or a ripoff MMO like RIFT.

I'm sure people will continue to say they aren't hyped for it, blizzard games suck or whatever but I'll probably still buy ever game Blizzard release for the foreseeable future because I will, no doubt, enjoy them.
  9. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Aye itll be good at what it does, Blizzard games are usually like that. They do however often lack a certain depth that other developers do add to their games. Big chance Ill buy Diablo 3 but it'll be for the Single Player aspect and I just hope the gameplay is renewing enough for me to finish it, I already got bored with puzzling in Portal 2 and eventually just while puzzling wished to see another part of the dialogues/cutscene.
  10. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

One thing I would like to point out, just because a game doesn't sell millions or have millions of subs, doesn't mean it's not been a success/profitable.

As MMO gamers we have become overly critical of the games we play, due to what we do and don't like we make assumptions/critics that while we believe them the publisher/developer has different foresight!

We call games a failure if we dislike them, fine it's a personal opinion (or a group/community opinion) but they are still a success/profitable until the publisher/developer decides to sunset them. WAR for example we like some of the game but hate big chunks of it as well, the fact that it's still running, still churning out patches etc is lost on us, it's still running because it's been successful and made it's money and now profitable.

^the above can be said for most MMO's and a lot of SP/MP games!

/flameon

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  11. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

goes the other way around aswell, just because a game does sell millions has great reviews and millions of subs it can still be a disappointment. It could be a sequal that sells slightly less, lower rated reviews or the company that you build cannot make a profit with it due to the current maintenance it takes to keep everything running and everyone paid. Or it could just be a disappointment because you didn't like it and someone else did.

Im not gonna celebrate about a game thats succesful financially and unsuccesful in my expectancy though unless they pay me money to do so, I'll gladly be lazy and biased then like most of the reviewing sites. (or maybe I'll find out I do have principles and shove away the money)

I do have a certain simpathy for smaller/newer studio's that bring out a game I paid for and it ends up being incomplete, I just hope that they use the money to make something better in the future aslong as their initial idea's and designs were interesting enough.
  12. Offline

Ceeo Community Member

FUCK YOU CRITICS I'M GONNA PLAY D3 TILL MY EYES BLEED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
  13. Offline

Well not in the mmo sense, the initial box sale isn't a rating of how successful/good an mmo is it's the ongoing subs.

WAR for example loads of people bought and played it initially but numbers dropped of really fast. WoW still has increasing amounts of subs and has been an on going success. We may think it's poor but the vast majority think it's a good game.
  14. Offline

Juggernaught Classic Guild Member

TBH its diablo 1 with better graphics. Which means it will be... decent at best.
  15. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Diablo 3 will have something that diablo 2 and 1 didn't have: good pvp system! with team vs team support. I'm really curious to check out this part of the game...
  16. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

And then cheats come into play. I hope they made it harder to hax in D3 than D2 anyway, or that whole system is gonna implode. And yeah really cba discussing WoW and fanboyism about Blizzard, been there done that already. :)

But yeah, this is the ultimate "I played more than you and got super gear so I pwn your face"-kinda game. Hmm.. :p
  17. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

They also removed random generated content so that'll make it less replayable.
  18. Offline

Really? that sucks.
  19. Offline

Saul Community Member

Wow!! Pete is dreaming of SWTOR :ninja:
  20. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON