Diablo II - [Classic Gaming Club]

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Omnipresent, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

afaik Alaisy and Fallanx tried the mod to get some better resolution but it doesn't work for multiplayer. It's fine though, you get used to it when you're having fun you're not thinking about such things (another game comes into mind...).

Omni, give it so someone who's gonna play paladin, first come first serve.
  2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Even if it works it's not much better, makes everything too small. It feels better playing at the intended resolution anyway. Games in full 3D scale much better with high resolutions.
  3. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Yeh most of us enjoy playing Minecraft and that looks like arse if you compare it to things like Aion, Crysis etc but as we play with people we enjoy playing with we look past the graphical flaws.
  4. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

nah its not that its just on my huge widescreen monitor things get a bit weird ;O
  5. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Bleh it's fine on my 24'' widescreen, just need to sit a bit further away from the desk and peer a bit with your eyes ;)
  6. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

You wont notice the pixels when the screen will get filled by thunders, auras and shouts :p
  7. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Don't forget hammers, fire, arrows, javelins and bouncing/whirlwinding barbarians! :D
  8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I'll give it a go. Will grab a copy this afternoon.
  9. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

If there are monitor issues for anyone, I'd suggest getting a copy of VMWare Workstation. I fixed my resolution issues I had playing starcraft one. Basically puts it in window mode for you.
  10. Offline

gir Veteran BOON

11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

12. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Updatelol: So we got to Act III, still no deaths. Furie is still wanking in the Desert Act II, and FIzzee is just about to kill Duriel, same act. So if anyone else joins up for hardcore, you're free and very welcome to just nuke through the 1st and 2nd Act if you feel like it, otherwise we'll just boost you through atleast the 2nd one. The first is a cake so, just do it alone if you cba.
  13. Offline

Angelo Community Member

For anyone who has never played Diablo, any suggestions?
  14. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Yeah, play the game solo and learn it first if I were you, not only because hardcore is that unforgiving if you die. We took Fizzee with us and even though he did great and didn't die (yet), despite being close to, it is kinda rushy for someone who hasn't played it before. It gets even harder to sync and play organized/properly in a bigger group if some of the people don't know what gear to pick up, save, where to run etc.
  15. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

How can someone be a gamer and not have diablo 2 in their gaming history :p
  16. Offline

Angelo Community Member

I was very gaming deprived at a young age.
  17. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

I'm kinda the same I've played trough all 5 arcs in normal mode with my brother usually getting killed very often and don't have much clue about gear.
  18. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

I say just get in game and play, dont worry about playing solo first. :D
  19. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

and if diablo has too much bad graphics for you to bear in 2011, try torchlight instead :) or maybe magicka ?
  20. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

You guys up for clearing chap 2 onwards tonight? Pretty confident I can keep up a bit better now.