Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Selenus, May 2, 2012.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Good job! It was probably a changeling plotting to invade caterlot again. Obviously she never got the message that her queen chrysalis and her army was defeated in hoof to hoof combat a few weeks ago.

Thanks to Trent Ponyville, Canterlot and all of Equstria are safe again. Thank-you brave warrior.
  2. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

We all know there are a lot of noobs out there. I'm just worried that a grain of the crying on the forums are true, that some classes are better built for dps, soloing, read - having fun (?!??!?!?) than others, other classes which are instead forced into some "tanking" role in this game - wtf (if I wanted to play an mmo tanking class "I'd go back to WoW").
  3. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Well it would have been nice, but to be fair, no one used to pick barbs for uber amazing damage on cow level or baal runs, javazons (for cow level) and sorcs were always preferred. Barbs eventually got niched into tanks and shoutbots :p So fallen from the days of instantly dying in CS to Iron Maiden </3
  4. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

You would think they'd learn something from last time then and make classes more on the same level, this is till not an MMO where classes should have roles etc or what do you think? And since you can't really spec into being more of a shoutbot than any other barb, atleast in D2 as you say you could have that level 40-something battle shout that you were prized for. Let's just hope its a gear issue and that barbs will come out of the shyguy area soon enough cuz...

I WANNA SLAUGHTER MOBS FAST TOO!!1!!!!1!!1337!!§§1§+ :angry:

PS. ofc we're talking late Hell-Inferno here - not where any spec can roflpwn. ^_^
  5. Offline

Triss Community Member

I dunno man, there are barbs on the forums who claim they are able to solo just fine (read die a lot, just like any other class except wizard). It just comes down to correct items and builds. I cleared act 1 yesterday and while I agree that ranged classes have an inate advatage (just like in every game) I am extremely squishy to a point where I cannot take more than 1 hit. Also, most of the elites and champions are so fast that kiting isn't really an option.

PS: Nephalem valor is pure win. Yesterday I dropped like 40 rares. At a point, I've killed 8 elies and each of them dropped a rare, some even two rares.
  6. Offline

Tent Community Member

Oh yes, love the valor buff.
    Got a whole inventory full of rares in~40 min yesterday.
  7. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

What does this mean? I'm only like level 27 and playing normal with friends. Just wondering.
  8. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

A lot of people are reporting their accounts being hacked even with authenticators, apparently there are bots joining games and collecting connections IDs.
    I suggest to not join any public game and disable quick join in your options until blizzard fixes this.
  9. Offline

adagio Moderator

I have to say I can't see the auction house system making you much money from what i saw last night.

Was on twitch tv watching lol when I saw a diablo3 stream with 6k viewers. This interested me straight away as generally its in the hundreds not thousands in a afternoon. What I saw shocked me but probably not you hc players. Basically he went to a boss situated next to a portal and talked to him. He turned into a demon and the player proceeded to dps the boss down. After about 5-10secs the boss was at 5% he portaled out and invited friends and members of the audience to join him for a price. When they had joined they all portaled back in where the boss was still at 5%. They killed the boss and loot was dropped beyond what normal players could achieve.

He then left and remade a game at the exact point where the boss had respawned and did the same again. He could basically from start to finish kill this boss in 2 mins. Is this normal diablo farming? Or just stupid lvl design?

BTW I think the loot was around the 8800dps 1h area. Not sure if that's good and the screen wasn't Sharp enough for a clear view.
  10. Offline

Karasu Community Member

On Reddit I saw a post warning players that the normal authenticator could be hacked. Instead you should use the mobile authenticator (Android, iPhone..)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/twe6m/psa_if_you_have_a_dialin_authenticator_get_a/

And adagio.. whatever that is, they'll probably nerf it as soon as they can. The problem is that there are a lot of mechanics that allow these kind of exploits: Corpse running (running till you die, someone spawns at your corpse and does the next bit..), relogging to reset cooldowns, .. It surprised me this came trough upon release. It's just begging to be abused while you have a RMAH to feed.
  11. Offline

Triss Community Member

Nephalem valor is a buff for which you are eligible when you are lvl 60. Basically, after you kill an elite or champion pack you get this buff which adds +15% magic/gold find. This buff can stack up to 5x for a total of 75%, lasts 30 minutes and is refreshed after every elite or champion kill. Besides that, a secondary effect is that boss monsters drop more loot. A comparison, Butcher on Hell dropped for me 3 blue items, that's it, while on inferno with 5x NV he dropped 6 blue items + 2 rares.
  12. Offline

Triss Community Member

I've read those posts and I call bullshit. It's just nubs who were browsing 3rd party sites for cheap gold/items and got scammed. This is nothing new really.
  13. Offline

adagio Moderator

This is probably the first game I own where I want a crack released almost immediately. I somehow trust the hackers over blizzards drm.
  14. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Although i agree its usually on player's fault, it seems to be a too widespread issue to be just a "click the wrong link" type of problem.

Especially since even blizzard ackknowledged the issue and the severity of the situation (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...devil-blizzard-acknowledges-diablo-iii-hacks/) and even eurogamer's own writer (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-21-diablo-3-accounts-hacked-gold-and-items-stolen) had its account compromised.

All this starting from the past weekend, just when bnet went down for emergency maintenance for 8 hours.
  15. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

why would u buy gold for diablo 3 thou its piss easy to get
  16. Offline

Triss Community Member

Could've been one of the streams was infected on purpose, who knows. A bluepost on the US forums also explained that they investigated the thefts and there was no exploits, all of it happened by logging in with the users information so I dunno, still think people are responsible for it. Like the stupid fuck who was claiming he got his shit stolen despite having an authenticator. Later investigation has shown that the tool attached the authenticator after he got robbed and tried to screw with Blizzard. Seriously how stupid can people get?
  17. Offline

Triss Community Member

There are many people who fail even at nightmare, you know the general WoW crown. For them everything is hard.
  18. Offline

adagio Moderator

It could be like wow, a time thing. Not all of us can sit staring at a screen 16 hours a day.
  19. Offline

Tent Community Member

To add to the above posts, the best items have retarded prices.
    1-20mil for a single item?

I know some gear can be found for normal prices, but the really good stuff can't.
    People that buy gold are usually after these things with minimal effort.
    Try and farm 20-40 mil to get the items you want, it would take quite a long time.
    Too long for people usually interested in buying gold in the first place.

As for the compromises, I don't know seems odd.
    Unless blizzard messed up massively I'm more inclined in saying that people are just stupid.
    I've never been hacked- on any service, and can't be bothered with an authenticator either.

We'll probably know more in a few days.
    Having said that, changing password is never a bad thing.
  20. Offline

Tent Community Member