Diablo 3 delayed.. AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gekido, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

The main issue i had with D2 and the virtual item stores was that those stores took advantage of exploits to dupe shitloads of items, or ran armies of bots to farm. When they have 90% of all the highrunes (the de facto currency in d2), they basically controll the market. They set the prices they wanted and controlled the economy and made shitload of money out of it.

Giving players the power to perform trades and hopefully plugging in the leaks and exploits that lead to item duping will make the economy much more stable. Good items will be worth the real price, which is what the majority of players is willing to pay for it.

Yes, perfect gear will be insanely expensive, but do you actually need perfect gear to be the #1 pvp player in diablo in the world ? no.

-- this post was made with alot of assumptions in mind, take it as is, no refunds --
  2. Offline

Tent Community Member

Heh, no pvp on launch of Diablo.
    As others have said, there goes the "It's done when it's done" statement.
  3. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

noone interested in competative pvp will play d3 because of that anyway. devs made it clear that they wont care about balance in diablo 3 that much, and that they wont balance it because of pvp. its just not that kind of a game
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

They just took out the one justification of online only play... /facepalm.
  5. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

No the "online only play" removes quite a lot of cheats and other possibilities of 3rd party interference.
  6. Offline

Tal The Architect

ITT: people arguing about something they have no idea about.
  7. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Then enlighten people. That sort of post adds nothing to the discussion.
  8. Offline

Tal The Architect

Neither do the majority of posts in this thread.

Ultimately, if people don't like the RMT AH, play Torchlight. Why does the dead horse need to be repeatedly flogged every few posts about it? As we all know, any game allowing the trade of currency or items results in RMT, official or 'otherwise'.
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

What is this you speak of ?

Tal the dirty haxor!!! :p
  10. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Why is it so hard for some people to fanboy about one game without dissing the other is beyond me. If you prefer A, good for you! Don't diss B just because you love A more, because gaming is extremely subjective, so you're doing little more than imposing your preferences onto other people while telling them how you have better taste in games than they do.

On a side note, RMT AH on D3 will at least be official, it went on for years at D2jsp. The only thing I'm hoping/concerned about is Blizzard being able to keep the plug in on duping and stuff, which obviously messes market value immensely. Beyond that, who cares if some companies will run hundreds of bots to farm stuff to put on the AH? You don't have to buy anything to play competitively, and no one is forcing you to. And if you're bothered about the 15 year old with daddy's credit card who can afford all the items he wants, well tough luck, life isn't fair.

In most cases you will still beat his face senseless in PvP cause he'll be backpedalling clicker dribbler.

So stop the hate, and enjoy your fandoms!
  11. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

If there is no competitive scene then it doesn't matter surely? No one complained that age of empires had cheat codes. Nor that dungeon defenders is moddable.

The only reason I can fathom for having online play only is for control. So that the devs can control how people play their games, and as shown with CoD and custom maps, it's about ensuring players keep putting money into the company after launch.

It sounds like me just going on about the greedy Activision Blizzard again, but I honestly don't think you can say with conviction that these decisions are nothing to do with money.
    Ofc it is, Activision aren't even shy about it, they have said several times that they will find a way to get money from gamers however they can:

And RPS did a really good piece on the DRM back in September http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/22/how-diablo-iiis-drm-will-affect-you/

I'm not saying don't buy the game and enjoy it, fuck no, you play what you want. What I'm saying is that I personally am sick and tired of Activision and EA and Ubisoft titles screwing people over by adding "features" which cost more money but remove ones which detract from the monetization.

But as I said, it bothers me more than it probably bothers you so it's simple, you enjoy your game in the knowledge that I am a self entitled and cheap prick and I'll enjoy my games in the knowledge that you are a sheep with more money than sense and we will both be happy!

:)

Horray for different opinions!
  12. Offline

EpiTeK Community Member

You're buying from players not Blizzard even though they are making a small % of money out of it, all they did is convert high rune or SoJ in freaking money. You can use the battle.net balance without using real money you just have to be smart and just spend what you gained.
  13. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

hate to say it but corporations like EA and Activision are not there to do charity work =)

Businesses like to make money
  14. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

I don't see why the RMAH should be a reason not to play a game. If you don't want to use it, don't. No need to make some politcal thing about it. If you're sick and tired that the sky is blue, companies want to make money and god is good but life's not fair, well ok, good for you, play another random game that isn't discussed in this thread. GL HF etc :)
  15. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

May 15th
  16. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

Perfect release date. <3
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

If only it was May 16th....

18. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

gonna be good not like some rushed bioware game everyone quits after 1 month in
  19. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

The FAQ out there has been outdated for a year or so but if anyone knows, it would be interesting to see if the game features or supports any sort of guild thingy. Be it just a channel of ones own, a banner, or just a sign above ones head. *shrug*
  20. Offline

Tal The Architect

WTB CE.