Diablo 3 delayed.. AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gekido, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

I guess i'm the only one here that actually believes the real money auction house will bring more good than bad to the game... :)
  2. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

trust me, there is really nothing impressive nor anything that hooks you in the beta ^^, and it has been the same since 6 months back now, so im not really sure what they are beta testing..
  3. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

I'm still getting nightmares that are going "cluckcluck *kaching**kaching*". My ex used to play this, and these were the sounds. All day, every day. No thanks, I'll pass.

incidentally, we did Naxx at the same time. Guess D2 made sure BOON had some amount of success in vanilla.
  4. Offline

EpiTeK Community Member

If you ever care or like D2, you would know the game is 70%+ of trading, what's the problem getting money out of it and blizzard getting some too? Money isn't an issue I will be buying T2 and D3, unlike D3 I will probably stop playing T2 after one or two playthrough.
  5. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Simple, you are creating a situation where you can buy and sell power. I've explained it before but when you have a system like this in a multiplayer game like D3 you have a broken system.

Basically blizzard bitched and moaned about gold selling and buying and how it ruins the economy etc etc. most players join in saying "fucking gold sellers ruining our economy" but then blizzard create a system where you can buy gold or items and people turn around and are all "brilliant, I can buy gold and items and even make some money off the game too"

It's BS. Blizzard are not stopping gold sellers, they are becoming one and people will lap it up.

If D3 were single player then that's fine, but with co-op you cause issues, especially if you have a group who are split opinions on buying items as you get people overgearing friends due to RMT and so making the game easier for those who don't, or trying to pressure the friend into spending money to catch up.

It's a shit system for team play.
  6. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

To my knowledge the beta/demo is not explicitly designed to impress or hook you as it is the actual start of the game, Act 1, Quest 1 so to speak. Now if they wanted to hook you they'd throw you into "Act 3, on the quest to go kill some actual awesome boss with cool animations as fuck" with a wide variety of skills and upgrades. I must add, I had heard a lot of bad things about this game though like I would urge anyone else to do, I like to make up my own mind about things more than jumping on bandwagons, fretting one feature in the game would ruin it as a whole. So needless to say I was not at all predisposed to liking or even buying this game. I may be a fanatic, but not a D3 one. Yet ;)

Ah yes, the Auction House and its irl cash thingy still stirs some emotion and as I said, is still the one thing I'm torn about. I used to love the D2 games of just pure trading, chatting and bargaining which will more or less be eradicated with the AH.

Buying and selling "power", as you call it, in a game like D2 or D3 if its anywhere close, is like buying "your times worth of grinding". It is after all about drop rates and percentages. People that can afford and want to buy stuff with irl cash will. Suckers who are e-bullied "cuz their EQ suxx", pressured by their peers; tough luck - reroll less delicate flower, because with this argument, this existed in D2 as well, only you ran the risk of getting owned and cheated out of your money. Do not forget RMT was very widely and broadely abused in D2, a fact well known to people familiar and old in the game. You could argue it ruined the economy and the community at some point. If you weren't there you wouldn't know how bad it got. Now Blizz is taking a cut, not selling stuff themselves, from profits on the irl-cash AH, removing companies that would scam people, cheats & duping, and giving the players the means to handle their trading in a more safe manner, trading that would otherwise exist anyway but in a more shady and illegal version. I personally don't see myself using this AH much, but selling high end eq and perhaps trading the profits for other rare stuff I need myself.

I'll finish this semi-wall of text by praying to god no other company out there finds new innovative ways of providing services to their customers that would generate any additional revenues or income!
  7. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

its a good system. students/unemployed/kids etc have more time to play and grind it out and farm crap. the people with less time want to compete at the same level and can now buy stuff for irl cash. dont see any problem with that, and i understand blizzard doing this to counter chinese farmers as well. why shouldnt they try and make money off something chinese are doing today in their own game.
  8. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

buy my epix pls and make me rich
  9. Offline

adagio Moderator

We all know where this will lead too in the case of blizzard. Cross game weapon and armour selling. We know diablo3, sc2 and wow use the same engine just modified.

So what's to stop blizzard allowing players to trade a asscandy in wow to diablo3 for money? It will extend the lives off both and make a shitload of money.
  10. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

nice so i can sell my legendary's to people in diablo 3 and make moneyz, fuck yeh
  11. Offline

adagio Moderator

Wtb, thunderfury for 2 English pounds.
  12. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Is there is real info about how the Auction House is gonna work? Like max price for an item or limit of items u can sell per day
  13. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Ok, in Diablo2 there are character editors, yet the game is a co-operative experience. If your team want to have full tier gear and face roll the world then great. However, what blizzard are doing is say that if you want to play the game the way you want, you can pay fuck loads of money to us.

In games of old we had cheat codes and game genies... Now we have devs endorsing it because they can make money off it.

Hey, the reasons you like it are the reasons I hate it.

I'll play T2 which if I want to be a looser and get best armour and weapons without them dropping for me or traded for gold that dropped for me I'll just download an editor and give it to myself.

I don't like the endorsing and monetizing of things we used to call cheating.
    But because blizzard have made it possible to get irl money from it people will endorse it because those people will be those who play enough to make some cash.

The thing is that D3 is not a competitive game so if blizzard wanted to remove the goldselling issue they could release an editor which would kill the problem overnight, they don't, they just want to make more money off you, the consumers, once the game has been released for very little effort.
  14. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

i dont care since i can make money out of it aswell
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Wasn't there info released a while back that said that blizzard get the lions share of all real money sales ?

Just wondering how much you actually get per sale. Knowing blizzard I bet its not that much.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  16. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

Firstly, you're talking about char editors and they only exist on open D2 characters (casual play offline). I have to ask how much you've played D2, do you know the difference between closed/open/hardcore/b.net chars? This makes a great difference to understand why you're reasoning like you do, almost like we're not talking about the same things y'know.

In D2 there were no character editors for closed b.net chars. People bought their gear online from companies that could just as easily screw them over and that used enslaved chinese/koreans or whatever. People buying gear was almost as common as people buying Kinah in L2, so yeah common. So you understand how atleast in Blizzards pov they are solving an issue on many levels.

Since games are serious business and since like you say "Diablo isnt played on a competitive level" there isn't much difference between buying Aion pet #73 to buying say Grandfather.

I think that more or less covered everything unless one cares to make this some kind of political argument about monitizing evil moneygrabbing companies and so on.
  17. Offline

Tent Community Member

Believe it was blizzard taxing multiple times.

Something in the lines of

When you make auctions
    When you sell auctions (1.25$ taken if it sells - not sure if it's true)
    And when you withdraw money out of your battle.net account to your Paypal account.

And finally when you withdraw money from your paypal account (ok, this goes to paypal but still its your loss)

So I would say that blizzard could make more money from an active D3 RMAH seller than a WoW sub.

From the Diablo FAQ:
    I'm not too happy about the RMAH.
    However, it barely affects me pvp is such a minor point in the game.
    I will choose not to use the RMAH (to buy stuff anyway).
    Could be nice to 'cash out' when you are done with the game selling all your items.
    The listing fee is nasty though.

As for the T2 vs D3.
    I'll just play both. Why would I have to choose because they happen to be similar games.
  18. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I have no idea what you are talking about with buying a grandfather.... But you are right, I had no idea there are a b.net character option as b.net only came out about 4 years ago as far as I was aware to tie WoW accounts together.

If what you are saying is that there is a competitive scene that will use this system and there is an offline co-op mode which you can hex edit then brilliant and I retract everything I've said.

If there is only this online b.net mode now then I stand by my point.
  19. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

Battle.net has been around since Starcraft and Diablo both launched, over 10 years. The tieing a b.net account together with your WoW one is like you said fairly "new".

In D2 there was on and offline modes so to speak. If you wanted to cheat you made "offline open chars" and duped shit or made your toon in a generator. If you made a "closed b.net char" you could not use the same generators, instead there were shizzloads of people cheating by buying power from the slaver RMT companies. Then again there were features or items that were only available for closed chars, or ladder characters.

D3 will only feature the online mode to my knowledge, which has also enraged some.
  20. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

the in game auction house in d3 will be exactly how it worked in d2 but controlled and alot more safe. this is hard for people who probably were to young to even play d2 to understand.. or maybe most of the nay sayers did not even play the game?

in d2 many people bought their gear through third party sites. Now you dont have to anymore.