Diablo 3 delayed.. AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gekido, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Torchlight 1 was a singleplayer hack and slash from indie devs runic.

It was a similar thing to Diablo but it looked stunning and had a brilliant class system and was open to modding which brought about some superb mods.

T2 will have my support as I prefer to support indie devs, and tbh, the art style of torchlight is more interesting than D3 looks.

On a similar vein of game, anyone playing Dumgeon Defender? I was thinking of picking it up to play when dailies are done and bored of TOR for evenings/weekends.
  2. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

Yeah T2 looks very interesting. Reminds me a lot about Wildstar and MLP. Very interesting art style. Also Dreamworks ™.

T2 last boss: [IMG]
  3. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Not sure if being trolled :D
  4. Offline

Tent Community Member

I have Dungeon Defenders, both on pc and on my tablet.
    Picked it up during the sales, didn't play it that much would give it a go in some spare time.
    Poke me on teamspeak during the week if you want someone to play it with.
  5. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Me and Blackspear is playing Dungeon Defenders quite a bit, if you want another person to play with I would be up for it.

Just poke me on TS or in steam.
  6. Offline

Tent Community Member

On topic,

Seems Diablo 3 has a target release date of Q2 2012.
    ... and the same for Torchlight 2.
    Bad timing for torchlight if you ask me..
  7. Offline

adagio Moderator

I would actually buy torchlight 2 over diablo 3, and if others feel that way, I don't think they should be too worried. Once the blizzard hype machine dies down torchlight will do very well for itself.
  8. Offline

Mantle Veteran BOON

I'll be definitely going for Torchlight 2 absolutely loved the first one.
  9. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

10. Offline

Ironhide Veteran BOON

edit: nvm, they're all gone
  11. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

aw too bad, would have been fun to have something to play :(
  12. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

the beta has about 2 hours of conent in it

its shit
  13. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

give it herre
  14. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

The beta or the game itself?
  15. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

The beta I imagine, the game I think is going to be excellent.
  16. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

tvar you can play on my beta account if you want
  17. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

Give it herre!
  18. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Tvar pve hero!! ;D
  19. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

Hit or shit, yeah the verdict is here. It is an excellent demo/beta even though it's very short with only some hours of content (max 2-3 hours depending on how much you care to explore or grind).

I think the game itself come release is going to be yet another blockbuster of doom. Blizzard will not fail to deliver for the people that liked D1, D2, WoW or are enthusiastic for a smooth, very well polished epic hack 'n slasher with a cool storyline, that includes everything from crafting, questing, companions - you name it. One thing I'm still very unsure about is the Auction House, with and without IRL cash involvement. And even though it's got " Soon™ " written all over it, it'll be worth the wait I'm sure. I know I sound like a fanboy so fire away with the sceptic missiles of negativizmsms.
  20. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

You've played the demo designed to impress to get you hooked so it's not surprising you are hooked especially it you are predisposed to buy into it all by being a fanatic.

If you enjoy the game and don't have a problem with blizzard lumping the player base with micro transactions in the form of an AH then that's completely your prerogative and I hope you get your money's worth and more.

Myself, I have a serious issue with actiblizzard and will not be buying this even if it's (legitimately) game of the year. I'll get torchlight 2 which is going to be great and made by a small dev studio so will not be monetized to fuck.

Horses for courses, as long as you are enjoying yourself and not hurting others then brilliant.