DayZ Meet-Up

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fizzee, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

my worry is that I said head to the junction and turn right and you drive up to the junction then off road to the left. :D no wonder you got in and out safe irl, you were probably in the wrong county.
  2. Offline

Saul Community Member

There is nothing safer in a fire fight, than to head back to barracks :)
  3. Offline

adagio Moderator

I never knew brit army tactics included. Use nades instead detpacks to destroy cars. Plus the old Fav of stealing a lada, driving into the middle of a enemy and getting out. :p
  4. Offline

Spud Community Member

I always preferred this shit with the safety of an ocean between me and the target, things got a bit squeaky if we were within 4.5" gun range (20ish miles) but for those times we got close then twin 30's and miniguns did the job. It was my job to call targets and interpret ROE. We worked on the general principle that if you throw enough HE at it then it went down.

Back on topic..... the controls on this gamea are insane, ive had to zero mouse sensitivity to make it even playable. just working on tutorials HALO parachuting is epic fun and kept me amused for ages last night.
  5. Offline

Saul Community Member

Hey! I killed 8 terrorists with my Lada. I'm seriously expecting those tactics to be entered into the S.A.S Covert Ops SOP Manual any day now..:smoke:
  6. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

so saul u drove a tommy cooker?
  7. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Yeah last night went really well. Just had one death myself.... that was when Aspira decided to throw a grenade at the trunks we had to detonate....while I was placing a satchel charge! Clearly trained by Fizzee...
  8. Offline

adagio Moderator

It's not about how you perform but joining in and enjoying yourself. The old gits ts channels are basically places where you join to have a chat and join in on whatever game someone is setting up.

It's no fun playing a game on your own in silence. Even if you join just to listen to the rubbish that tumbles out of our mouths. Of course a few of us have been around a while but we don't turn anyone away from games if we can help it.

This applies to everyone, new or old.
  9. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

be aware of aspira and adagio's hate towards anyone who dont sleep with their cousins and shag sheep
  10. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Yup, old gits TS is called that because most of us who frequent it are either moaning old gits, or just moaning gits. Also none of us claim to be as pro as the guys who dominate for boon so its always a good giggle when we fail.... Frequently.
  11. Offline

adagio Moderator

Sounds like someone needs a bit of lovin as Fozia been a bit cranky lately.

Old git group hug for fozia later.
  12. Offline

Saul Community Member

Wow I must of missed that, as I don't remember seeing any pesky insurgent Elephants through my thermal scope last night. (note to self), be more aware of your surroundings, in case of rampant insurgent Elephant raids, you may have missed. :blink:
  13. Offline

Gizmodio Community Member

oioi boys, have the zombies been fixed ? as in, they dont run over 9000 km/t ? looking at youtube it seamed impossible to kill a running zombie before he was eating off your face
  14. Offline

Gekido Community Member

It hasn't been fixed... While I agree that the infected are going at the speed of sound and are very annoying, I don't think they're aiming to fix it - the whole point is to avoid zombies and reserve ammo. Ppl who go on a zombie killing spree are most likely dupers.
  15. Offline

adagio Moderator

Didn't realise they were broke.

It's how they are meant to be. Quick, agile and a bitch to hit. Makes the game a lot harder because of it.
  16. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

they are too easy ATM. Run through town, collect zombies, run through house/church/barn, go prone in bush.... ??? .... Profit.
  17. Offline

Saul Community Member

Why the fook should they just give up chasing you??
  18. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

resident evil zombes v.2?
  19. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Yeah... currently the AI and animations are the problems regarding the zombies, not heir speed. Its really annoying when they aggro and keep doing those 90 or 180 degree instant turns, i know that they are harder to hit etc etc... but it's just dumb to leave it like that. Animations... well you all know what I mean...
  20. Offline

Gizmodio Community Member

They are not meant to run that fast at all, i have watched a interview with the developer guy and Totalbuscuit

12:15 16:30 Are the times they touch a little bit on it