DayZ Meet-Up

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fizzee, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Offline

Angelo Community Member

What I'm getting at is the fact you used the word exploit, the zombies still hit you when you side step, just not as often as they have an interval between their attacks, it's like saying running into a barn is an exploit because zombies walk inside them, or running through a bush causes them to lose sight or running up a hill causes them to walk up it. At the moment these are all "tactics" to lose zombies, I wouldn't call them exploits because that's how the zombies act and there's no real way to avoid it unless you want to run with zombies for hours or take them on head to head and die, its completely different to tents.

I understand that you mean they need to be fixed, but he has to be careful how he fixes them, if he makes them that hard to lose then be prepared to have zombies chase you for hours or until you find a weapon either that or losing 2k blood every time you fight a zombie.
  2. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Did I mention chasing/loosing anywhere? No! I was talking about meele combat. And no - as long you have the timing right of sidestepping right the zombies will never hit you, they'll just keep hitting the air in front of them. Dodging hits is one thing, but waiting until they are in meele range and just sidestepping, because you know that they'll execute the attack anyway, imo that fits the term "exploit" just about right.

Wiki:

An exploit (from the verb to exploit, in the meaning of using something to one’s own advantage) is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or sequence of commands that takes advantage of a bug, glitch or vulnerability in order to cause unintended or unanticipated behaviour to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerised).

I'm not blaming anyone for using "axe sidestep", they just need to fix it.
  3. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Okay good, after you linked it to the same level of duping in tents I was a little worried, but I guess you win this time.
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Tent duping is worse than any other issue atm.

I probably will not play again till its fixed as it takes almost all the suspense out of the game for me.

A full loot survival game should have you constantly having to evaluate the risk for reward. I am low on medical supplies, so do I hit easy targets like deer stands in the hope there are some medical supplies, or do I go to a hospital where medical supplies are guaranteed, but the risk factor is magnitudes more. The whole fear of dying thing was great while it lasted as it made you really try to survive and play properly. Now I know I can just throw my shit in a tent and then die all I want and just go back and get it later since the server will auto dupe it every restart.

The game is amazing, and for an alpha it is pretty damn well made, but they really need to address the major issues quickly, and duping, to me at least, is pretty fucking major.
  5. Offline

Angelo Community Member

This is the best thing about DayZ when your adrenaline starts pumping it's so fun.
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Changelog:
    * [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play
    * [NEW] Optimized authentication process on login
    * [NEW] Singleplayer mode disabled when DayZ is loaded
    * [NEW] DayZ Logo and Version Number appear in game when DayZ is loaded
    * [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (to assist in analysis for an ALT+F4 solution)
    * [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)
    * [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)
    * [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)
    * [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture
    * [FIXED] Players switched to non-player skins (by hackers) sync to database (updates no longer saved for objects non-authorized skins)
    * [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)
    * [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position
    * [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)
  7. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

what is that : ID's above 1 million don't syncronize
  8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

vehicles.
    basically duping should be fixed.
  9. Offline

Saul Community Member

Zombies are not normal humans, they are not that bright, they dont use cognative thought process, they work on sight and smell, they attack where you were because they are not as quick to register you have moved, as they work on sense, not thought. And be careful with throwing around the "Exploit" word, cause in my opinon and many others, thats not an exploit.
  10. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

ofcourse it is u never see in any zombie games or zombie movies zombies that scratch into thin air just cause you moved they are always driven by something sight, smell or sound so i doubt they would scratch into thin air if they acually worked correctly and not have some englishman supporting manu sidestepping and axing them
  11. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Sorry Saul, but to me that sounds like a denial of the facts. Even developers admited that this behaviour is not really intended, they just have other priorities atm.

P.S. Some more coverege on The War Z.
  12. Offline

Saul Community Member

Well we fail to agree, I see it as people wanting to dumb down the game instead of learning to adapt to it. The game is an alpha and it's not perfect, but part of that is what makes it great imo.

Duping is way more important to fix and Rocket has stated that he wont be fixing anything like that or the alt F4 until it becomes a stand alone.

Also sorry but the War Z looks terribad and is a deliberate cash in rip off, personally i'll wait for DayZ stand alone.
  13. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Well, atleast we agree that The War Z looks bad :)

EDIT: Fixing zombies is dumbing the game down you think? I think quite the opposite - by fixing sidestepping, zombies would get mroe challenging and harder to dodge. No more axing zombies without taking any damage for you!
  14. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

The issues with "fixing zombies" has been shown before.
    Rocket made zombies harder, they could hear and see you from further and ran faster, BUT it ruined the game because atm the real threat is players. By making zombies the bigger threat without addressing the player threat people stopped playing. The reason was simple, it was not worth going into towns as zombies would definately kill you, and even if by some miracle you got out, a player would kill you.

Easy zombies atm works because players are still a huge threat. when you go into town, you are still shitting it because the spawned zombies give you away to bandits. If he fixes zombies to make them hard, there needs to be a reason for bandits to turn to helping each other.
    Don't forget, we are used to playing as a team. Playing solo as most people do is a very different and harder experience.

Basically, zombies have been left derpy on purpose and won't be "fixed" until rocket has addressed the bandit culture. He has said this numerous times and also stated why it's not an easy "fix".
  15. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Btw, returning to the topic of Thw War Z. Does anyone else feel like it's going to be a rushed out heap of s**t? From my point of view they're desperately trying to releasi it before DayZ stadalone, and from that interview the game itself was started to develop just after DayZ hit the "big numbers" of players.
  16. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

The screenshots I have seen and the articles I have read make it look almost as shit as the London 2012 opening ceremony. I don't think it will get a playerbase anywhere near what DayZ has. Although, if they dumb it down enough, they might attract the CoD players as the last few CoD games have had zombie modes, so you never know, it might turn out to be a hit with the masses.
  17. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

I thought the London 2012 opening ceremony was pretty awesome to be honest. I expected it to be shit, but the opening scene of the takeover of the industrial revolution was incredible... how they transformed the stage etc...

And that's from an outsider... albeit one with a very similar culture, music etc.
  18. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

He's scottish, for him it wasn't a history lesson but a look into the future and it scared him.
  19. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

face it saul zombies are broken stop beeing a sidestepping axe hero!
  20. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

New weapon damage chart : http://dayzdb.com/database/weapon-comparison

As u can see they cut the damage for G 17 , M9 , M9 SD , PDW from 1399 to 889
    Makarov from 2000 to 889
    M 1911 and revolver from 4500 to 1389
    MP5 , MP5SD , Bizon SD from 1389 to 889
    Shotguns from 6722 to 4500
    AK 74 / AK 74U / Ak74 Kobra from 3555 to 2722
    Lee Enfield from 12500 to 6722 :mad: :stomp:
    and i think M4A1 SD got his damage lowered from 3555 to 2722 but i'm not sure of this. The audible range on the Lee Enfield went down from 234m to 162m