CE Boxart

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shantotto, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

You sure those guys are safe to buy stuff at? How are they getting the pre-order stuff so cheap?
  2. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I wrote in the thread, they buy stuff from cheaper markets then resell to 1st world customers.

They are CDkey only so they won't provide you with a download location if the store doesnt provide it etc.
  3. Offline

Saul Community Member

Fair enough, but so is all the BS About SW:TOR GFX, If anyone here does not know that EA/Bioware are going for the biggest bang for their buck, in terms of Casual inclusion, then you don't have the right to comment cause you know fuck all about the game.

The Models are not great for 1obvious reason, that none of the trolls like to mention, acknowledge, etc, get one of your Well Modeled GW2 Characters and place them in a cutscene close up, and either your PC will blow up, or they will look shite. The Styleised Approach from Bioware was done for 2 reasons. 1 so the game can be run on more basic pc's and not require a gamers rig to run (The one single factor in WoW's huge success). 2 Lifelike Character Models look shit, or require huge resources to complete and animate properly, close up. Imagine the detail on a characters face close up in a cutscene, way more required than in a normal 3rd person approach of an MMO, this is the single reason Bioware went for a more "Featurless" Character model.

The Scenery is stunning, with forced AA it rivals most MMO's, and has as already been stated this is due to Bioware being clever and using the instanced Planet method so you can construct vast and lushious backdrops that are pre rendered and loaded in a more manageable way. This imo is to counter balance the more featureless character models.

So Yeah Firoz comparing BF3 to an MMO in terms of gfx is stupid, but so is expecting ground breaking gfx for a mainstream AAA MMO that does not require DX11, or a top end gfx card/cards, or rig. Yeah most of us here have high end rigs, but we dont account for more than 3% of the overall market, if you want to make money, you dont aim for us, you aim for the kids using daddies 4 year old laptop. Also whats the point of spending 100Mil+ on an MMO,making it look stunning, yet only 20% of your player base will be able to see it in all it's glory, and it looks shit with everything turned off.
  4. Offline

Shantotto Guest

And yet tera is DX9 and still looks 100000x better and will still run on worse systems than SWTOR will.
  5. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Games are evolving, and they should reflect that with their graphics too.
    If you look at WoW, with a low-mid specced pc you were able to run it.

Nowadays, about 6(?) years later, the low-mid pc are the mid-high pcs from 6 years ago.
    So you should be able to run higher spec required games.

why wouldnt they spend more time, money and energy to make their game more attractive?
  6. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

ITT: Don't make statements you can't back up.
  7. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Another TOR flame fest. :evil:

Beating on the game any more is as pointless as thinking its the second coming of computer games.

Besides, we are now at the point where people who have played the game more than 5 hours have given their feedback, mostly negative I'll grant, so people who were going to be swayed one way or tother have been. No-one is likely to change their purchase plans now.

But to summerise so that both sides have a neutral point of view to turn to before ranting at the other side.

Fanbois, TOR won't be the best game you have ever played and won't stun you with it's innovation.
    Haters, TOR won't be the worst game since RIFT and won't fail after 1 month.

It will keep a steady player base for as long as they produce content and meta game objectives but it will never become the basis of all future MMOs.
    Basically It's a Safely Average MMO to keep people who are easily satisfied content. If you are easily satisfied with a safe casual mmo then you really will enjoy TOR, and that's fine as that is the market imo, no need to hate on it anymore.

I'm very disapointed as I wanted more, but I know now it's not for me and will leave it to those who DO like it.
    Please can we all do the same now?

Now that's settled can we stop with the troll bait?
    It's boring me now.
  8. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I ain't trollan, I gave up on changing anyones mind ages ago, but I do hate false statements.
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

@Saul - The graphics are not terrible, but they are not as good as I would expect from a modern game, especially a Star Wars game. Just saying, not trolling.

About the limited numbers on digital copies and having to pay extra on a pre-order.... that's just EA being EA. GG to them.
  10. Offline

Saul Community Member

Thanks Fizzee.. and lol 'M', you need to do bit better than a couple of model shots, of which tbh, the blonde on the right looks no better than a SWTOR model.

As Fizzee said it's pointless, you trolls who hate it,crack on, you wont be buying it fine, just leave the posts alone when were posting stuff that interests us about a game we are looking forward too. As Ive said a million times, I know exactly what TOR is and I dont for 1 second think it is the future of MMO's. I believe more mmo's will feature aspects of TOR, like more focus on story,etc, but I know what it is and so do all those who are looking forward to it, what we dont need is trolls, just hating for the sake of it. Ohh and I'm sure there would be plenty of GW fanboi's kicking off if people hated on GW2, with very little knowledge of what the fuck they were talking about.
  11. Offline

Saul Community Member

Ok 'M', animate those single shot models, increase the detail, have them as a main focus of your game (ie) animated Cutscenes, and run the fucking thing on an XP machine with 2gb and a 3 yo gfx card,then post me the video, back up your shit..
  12. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

does it not bother you guys at all that in GW2 all the characters look 100% handsome and perfect, and even the NPC's do as well. How can you make a good looking character if everyone looks good ? :p Its like if you made one that looks ''ok'' you'd be the ugliest character on the server! (something that bothered me in GW1 as well)..I am probably the only one worried about this though!
  13. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

[IMG]

[IMG]

14. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

we are officially too spoiled with MMO graphics, but yeah if it were a single player game I'd have modded the crap out of that. The 2x lightsaber stance is generic though, its different for 1 saber or dual saber

However ground textures, and lighting are things that are very often low quality in MMO's. They are in Tera and Arch Age at leasts.
  15. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I can't answer for the specs, but since it's built on GW1s engine (whilst modified) it should be able to run on pretty much anything. Even so, the main focus of GW2 is infact _not_ the cutscenes, but rather other things. The cutscenes are just an added cherry.

Even so, GW2 doesn't have amazing graphics. It has decent graphics at best, tbh, and they are also very stylized. I'm just saying that you probably shouldn't call SW:TOR's heavy stylized graphics worse/better than guildwars', because they are different. In polycount they might not differ much, but how they are presented does, and I find that SW:TOR skimps in really important areas while for example GW2 doesn't have full facial animations.
  16. Offline

Saul Community Member

Agreed 'M'.but there not just an added cherry for SWTOR, they are one of the main mechanics, with background animations, etc, you would struggle with a high level of detail and a mediocre PC. I'm not saying SWTOR gfx are the best, I am saying there not shite, and there are legitimate reasons for their choice of styalised model as opposed to realism, and that legitimate reason is cutscenes running on middle of the road pcs, and preventing a barrier for entry with PC specs.

I'm out on SWTOR, seriously Idont want to get so emotional about this shit as to loose my temper and get all abusive with people i respect and look forward to playing with,so I'm gonna move on from SWTOR and leave Merketh to post any SWTOR details on here.
  17. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

18. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

Heh, kinda hard to do that when every single thread explodes in one way or another , but we will see if i keep it up.

As for the game itself i've come to terms long ago with what feautures it has or dont have, and after playing it i am commited to buying it. however, it feels so much more (as many pointed out already) like a co-op RPG than a MMO as it's quite lacking in that area.
  19. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

CE sold out on Origin apparently.

500,000 copies at ~$150 a shot? $75m
  20. Online

Katiechops Guild Master

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.