CE Boxart

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shantotto, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Btw, the SWTORDF reminds me a lot of the "girl" character in this video:

2. Offline

Saul Community Member

I am nothing if I'm not honest matey, If it's shit I'll be the first to say so, but I doubt I will, as like Pete and a few others i'm playing SWTOR as a fan of the IP and the fact it is a decent mmo, regardless of what people with unrealistic expectations may say.
  3. Offline

Saul Community Member

Lol Ive played the game and for the god knows how many times also qualified by those in Boon in the beta who also don't like the game. THE GRAPHICS ARE NOT SHITE.

Shite GFX.hmmmmm

[IMG]

[IMG]

Shite GFX...
    [IMG]
  4. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Who is even talking about graphics that you've gone all capslock about it?
  5. Offline

Angelo Community Member

That would have been me :p

That character looks horrible, the environment looks good I guess.
  6. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Well and that is where we differ I guess, I would buy SWTOR and find out what its like and you bought FF14 and found out what it was like. Instead of buying FF14 I waited for the reviews, for SW:TOR I simply dont have the patience to wait for reviews (and will not trust em) and will pre-order it.

Point is, noone here is objective as we all like different things. But please dont assume everyone thinks the same way as you do (general statement, not aimed at Shant alone). By adding adjectives (right word?) or other ways it may seem you want to show your opinion matters more than someone else's, and that could be mis-interpreted.
  7. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I wouldn't even say that.

Low-poly models.
    Generic animation rig for all races and both genders.
    Low-resoltuon textures.
    Non-existant lighting engine.

I could go on, but I'm just a "troll" so whatever.
  8. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I didn't buy FF14 and find out what it's like, I was in alpha and beta, Hour 1 of pre-orders I had a CE ordered, but after playing the alpha/beta for months I realised it just wasn't ready for release and wouldnt flop pretty hard so I cancelled my pre order, and then when they removed subscription fees ( still not charging ) I picked up a copy for a fiver just to have some lols with kammie before rift came out.

Even if I wasnt in alpha/beta, the word coming out of the FFXI communities that had access was on a similar level to what's coming out of closed testers for swtor atm.

Anyway, you shall get your iphone, I mean SWTOR and then we can move on to something else :p
  9. Offline

Saul Community Member

Yip you are, so whatever, should I compare GW2's shit gfx to B3, because the frostbite 2 engine is just miles better than the one used in GW2?? nah cause that would just be a pointless troll. like you said.. Whatever.
  10. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I've pre-ordered the CE, yes I'm completely nuts for shelling out £130 for it, but honestly I don't give a fuck, I bought the CE of FFXIV even though I knew it was pants, played it got frustrated with it and uninstalled it, I reinstalled it the other week and it's got a lot better.

At the beginning of last year I also forked out for the CE of STO (American version) and have never opened the box!

I'm not a SWTOR fanboi, but I do have an addiction to Collectors Editions :( This will not be the most expensive CE I have purchased for an MMO and probably won't be the last - I have every MMO CE from the last 7 years!
  11. Offline

Ironhide Veteran BOON

I pre-ordered the standard version months ago.

The only reason I personally would want the CE for would be the authenticator.

Oh and anyone who pre-ordered from Game, the following text is hidden away on http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=16356&cm_sp=StarWars-_-topnav-_-TheOldRepublic&cm_sp=StarWars-_-topnav-_-TheOldRepublic&cm_sp=StarWars-_-topnav-_-TheOldRepublic

12. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Which one was?

I know what you're saying though, I'm usually able to resist but there are some that I simply must have, and I will likely pay a stupid amount for the GW2 CE whatever it may be
  13. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

AoC :(
  14. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Saul, comparing an mmo with a fps is way out of the box.

If you look from mmo to mmo, those screenshots are very ugly, very WoWish.
    And GW2 graphics seem to be very beautiful and fresh.
  15. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

GW2 looks amazing, but I must honestly say that the best looking MMO is TERA (best characters), then comes Arch Age. Then comes GW2, SW:TOR environments look great but the characters don't.

I think GW2 and SW:TOR will play best of that list with midrange specced PC's. Arch Age will need something beefier, and TERA will love a monster PC (but runs fine on low-spec as well, unless you force AA on)
  16. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Tera is DX9, you can run it on a fucking toaster if you switch everything off, but it'll look like a bunch of paint draw boxes with a 5 meter draw distance :d
  17. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Tera made me want to upgrade my PC, because with all the bits and bobs turned on it looks amazing. And I especially blame Fallanx for constantly reminding me that it plays fully smoothly on his GTX 580.. well my new 2 x 6950's will pulverise that :>
  18. Offline

Tal The Architect

I still can't get over the fact you have to pay an extra £5 to preorder from EA! Absolute joke!
  19. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

20. Offline

Shantotto Guest

The place I linked in the other thread, has it for 35.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.