CE Boxart

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shantotto, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Yeah, the game can't concievably fail. Bad or otherwise.

But milking fanboys for £130 for CE is pushing it
  2. Offline

Shantotto Guest

That's the thing about science, it's true whether you believe it or not :p
    Last games MMOs I felt would fail : Conan, Rift, FFXI - I dodged 2 of them and bought rift just because we were all playing it.

I guess I should say to appease the fanboys, that I hope the game is released 3 months before anything else, so you guys can go enjoy it and get it out of the way before any big other release :p
  3. Offline

Shantotto Guest

And of course it can fail, they have spent > $100m developing it. Even 3 million box sales won't cover that ( although 500k or more CE boxes at £130 each LOL ... ), they need a lasting subscriber base to make their money back.

Any randomly hyped MMO has sold 1 million box copies, WHO, Aion, rift, etc those that didnt ( conan/ff14 ) didn't because it was very obvious they were terrible prelaunch.
  4. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

nice way of twisting words, you obviously never had to prepare an experiment. However if feeling keeps you away from a game ''YOU'' don't like it probably does its job right? I feel this game will be enjoyable for me. I have generally always followed around this community and haven't skipped many games at all, even though many sucked I still enjoyed my time in them. The only game I really didn't enjoy my time in much was Rift, that was also because much of the community quickly split.

That I would pay 130,- for a CE is a bit too far though, would rather buy a new motherboard then.
  5. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

6. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I'm kinda the same, I'm most probably going to play the game anyway for the sake of community (however, certain recent developments may impact this) and to enjoy the story arcs.

In a way, I'm probably going to treat this as a new KOTOR game rather than an MMO, which is probably unhealthy as I can't see it being as good (and no HK-47 :( )

[IMG]

Not to mention that it isn't available at all in some regions (lol Australia)

Also, if you buy the collector's edition, you're getting access to a collector's edition store!

Paying over the odds for something for exclusive access to buy even more stuff!

Thank you EA for showing us the glorious future of video games.
  7. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

I'm sorry but spending £130 on a box even if it gives you a shiny stone to change your weapons colours, is just a fucking rip off and anybody who spends that much needs their head examined. Your nearly paying for a normal mmo + 12 months subs before you even start playing.

And not that I have time to play anymore but thats from somebody who is actually very interested in it.
  8. Offline

Tal The Architect

9. Offline

Angelo Community Member

LOL they're charging you to pay extra for a pre order? And Limited amount of digital versions?

Hahaha.
  10. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

how I hate EA
  11. Offline

Korso Veteran BOON

I'd sign up for a chance of pre-order, pay more for it, but the GameStop website isn't working (and that's the only place to buy it in Finland. LOL)
  12. Offline

Saul Community Member

Lol, I am one of the biggest fan boi's for SWTOR, and I will play it and I know I will love it, But EA can stick their fucking £130.00 CE up their over inflated cock hole.

I'm really annoyed as I was looking forward to buying the CE, but not for £130. I feared that all the new Rip Off Errm Payment methods would be trialled in SWTOR, but straight up ripping people off for some fucking dubious glow in the dark Darth Malgus model, and access to the CE Sparkle Pony Vendor, they can fuck off and die.. the closer we get to release the more EA take over and the more dissapointed I get at their decisions.
  13. Offline

Agga Community Member

From Play.com UK
    We are writing in regards to your pre-order for Star Wars: The Old Republic
    We have been advised by EA, the publisher of the game, that the version of the game you have pre-ordered is no longer being released<=======BOllOCkS
    The version they refer too is the bog standard edition that was 29.99 when I pre-ordered it months ago now they say I can order an Identical version for 39.99 at least play threw in a 5.00pound voucher code to soften the blow slightly,
    I realise that this aint gonna be the best MMo released this year but I also know that I will play it too death,you couldnt get me off SWG and have loved Biowares other star wars related stuff,I'm gonna play it like a RPG,listen to to the dialogue and generally fanboi about
  14. Offline

Angelo Community Member

You have to give them credit, they know the game wont last very long so they're trying to milk the cow as much as possible now before she passes away.
  15. Offline

Saul Community Member

Appologies for respond to the Obvious Troll bait, but at what point do you know that SWTOR wont last long and what do you base your knowledge on??
  16. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Fanboys by definition have lost the ability to view their fanboy[topic] with any reason or logic, it's like trying to point out to your friend that his girlfriend is x/y/z awful, pointless, he won't listen and he'll just get angry, so don't bother :p

That said, fanboys should realise they are in that category and avoid the topic as well, when not huddled in a crowd of fellow fanboys.

Anyway, my hope is that they spent so much money on this game that when it "underperforms" financial expectations, it actually kills EA.

Or maybe the "enhanced customer experience with the new synergistic online will really touch base so they can press forward with their aggressive customer facing product line". trolol?
  17. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Just a feeling.
  18. Offline

Saul Community Member

And by the same definition Shant, Trolls loose all ability to view their troll posts as anything other than a voulantry juxtaposition, for the sake of forum shits and giggles and they are not to be viewed as serious or informative positions of context, just hot air for the sake of poking the virtual hornets nest with a big fuck off virtual stick.

All Troll posts should be viewed with the same 5 yo mentality that they were posted, SWTOR will be Shit, because It makes me laugh to say so, and I have some bullshit hidden agenda against EA and every developer that is published by EA because I sucked at Madden as a teenager. :rolleyes:
  19. Offline

Shantotto Guest

No, I've been pretty objective assessing SWTOR, I've added a few comments in that amused me personally when I wrote them but I havn't been trolling anyone specifically or intentionally.

The SWTOR defence force is strong here though and completely lacks objectivity, despite 20-50hours of gameplay footage being available to view, the SWTORDF are still going to buy it, something I personally avoided with FF14 ( Anyone from aion knows how hard I was jonesing for that to be good :( ).

I just hope once you get access to the beta and realise how terrible it is you have the ability to realise what the game is and cancel your pre-order like I did with FF14.
  20. Offline

Angelo Community Member

A fellow fanboy who is less deluded said this when asked how many subscribers SWTOR would have(take into account the rest were saying in excess of 1.5million;
    I personally have never had any interest in the Star Wars series which is why to me the game looks rather bland and boring, I can see why this game will appeal greatly to those who love and enjoy Star Wars Brand so much, but to anyone else I just dont see how they will fetch many more for their playerbase, there's nothing really new or exciting from what I've seen in these videos and the graphics (for me at least) look horrible in comparison to say GW2 or Tera.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.