Can anyone see any problems with this?

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Jon Paul, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I prefer Intel CPU and AMD graphics.

Makes no sense, but I always find it works and I have never had trouble running anything.
  2. Offline

adagio Moderator

3. Offline

Jon Paul Community Member

adagio thanks pal, thats really useful, the only problem i face now, is getting everything else..... as in Power Supply, Sound Card and all the other stuff ill probably need, Fans and that :)
  4. Offline

5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Power supply, get anything that is modular (very important) and for this system your building, anything 650W an up will be fine. I would recommend sticking to big name brands for PSU as you don't want something shit that gives up and breaks other components. I personally tend to stick to Antec or Corsair for PSU.

Sound card, don't need one, your motherboards onboard sound will be enough.

Fans, all you need is an uprated CPU fan, which tbh, you don't NEED, but I would recommend you do. Personally I would buy anything from Zalman that costs over £20 and fits my processor. They make bulletproof coolers and £20+ will get you a top notch one.
    If you want to do this right, and by right I mean buy a PC that will easily get you 3years of being able to play new games with the gfx on ultra without problems, then expect to pay about £500 to £800 excluding peripherals and case.
  6. Offline

aspira could you link me these 2, just to give me a good idea what would perform great... apart from a case aswell, can anyone see anything Im missing :p
  7. Offline

adagio Moderator

8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

10. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Alternatively pick up one monitor and lift over to the other side :p
  11. Offline

12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

13. Offline

sweet sweet sweet :D ill let you know how it all goes :D ill have to take a loan out so I can get it before the beta of gw2 this weekend :p i think im being too hopeful

Ill probably be back on the forums want to know how i overclock it to 4.5ghz soon :p
  14. Offline

Tal The Architect

Don't go for that list, you could get stuff a lot cheaper give me a few minutes.
  15. Offline

Tal The Architect

And the stuff people have selected for you are a bit weird too.
  16. Offline

tal a picture of a hamster and a wheel powering a monitor is cheap :p but slightly underpowered :D trolololol :D
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yea ofc, I though he was going to shop around and was only wanting a list of parts.
  18. Offline

Tal The Architect

Well for starters he has a 1x8GB stick selected and the CPU is dual channel.
  19. Offline

Tals confusing me now, I really need an idiots guide to setting up a pc :p ..... do you guys really trust me to set this up on my own lmao
  20. Offline

Tal The Architect