BOONs & RIFT Update

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Katiechops, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

WAR did that reasonably well with the PQs, at least they got you involved in the whole defense vs chaos or go rape pillage and murder

Over a year later would be interesting to see how the game is now
  2. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

See here for teamspeak and Beta server details, legion already up and running in game
  3. Offline

WeakSauce Ary I assume?
  4. Offline

Ary Community Member

Yah :p

Ye I know, we are on the same server but Defiant side, already started when we contacted each other, but its just a beta :p Still deciding, will know soon =)
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

EVENT - Guild Open World PvP

Friday 28 Jan 19:00 GMT

With the beta being extended till Saturday evening, we will be doing some open world PvP on Friday night.

Be online at 19:00 GMT and try to be over level 20, although it doesn't matter what level you are tbh.

We did some small scale open world stuff tonight, but lets try and get a decent amount of us out for this event.

Edit: Also we will be putting the thread up tomorrow night after the event with a poll to see what people thought of the game and their intentions of playing it etc. so if you haven't already, try to test out the first instance, although the second is better than the first by a long way. Try out some battlegrounds, try out some open world PvP and just try to get a general feel for the game so you can give a decent opinion on the game.
  6. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

that DAoC seems good. maybe a petition for Rift can still turn the tide around xD.

going a bit offtopic, but following along the lines: the best pvp i have ever had, among all the games i played, was in GW1. Nothing can beat a good 8v8 against the best teams there is. Be it in Heroes Ascent/Tomb of the Prime Evil Kings or Guild vs Guild, it rly takes all the pvp stuff to a whole new lvl. Better than winning or completly wipe others, is the idea of taking down the very best in the game, fair and square without any minor advantage, not in gear, not in lvls, not in surprise attacks, not in number, not in transformers nor any other usual MMO stuff, just pure skill/ability behind each character. All the way it takes to learn, improve and coordinate to take the win. Looking back it rly makes a joke out of dredgions in Aion. Being not only proud of my guild/clan/legion but also of every single member. This is what i truely search in games, the highest competitiveness, from second one till the last one. All the ...vE just ruins the fun to ppl who in reality just want to bash each other.
  7. Offline

DAoC had the perfect balance in RvR (realm vs realm not PvP!) forts that could be defended easily without timers, upgradeable guards/gates/keep lord, siege weapons that not everybody could build, huge (and i mean huge) zones to roam around in, separated from the PvE areas by keeps you couldn't bypass but you also needed to go PvE in PvP zones, good enough instances, objectives in PvP that counted and mattered to everybody in the realm!

god i miss it :(
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Bump, just in case the MMO comparison contest made anyone miss it. ;)
  9. Offline

Mizou Community Member

are u sure its gmt ? last event they shut down servers at 7pm cet not gmt
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Servers are going down Saturday now, not tonight. :D
  11. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

12. Offline

Mizou Community Member

13. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

dno if the guy that mentioned warhammer online got a answer but its pretty much died out after the last patch that killed keep taking really , its no guards anymore nothing really took away the awesomeness of keeps. well that started when they removed forts anyway