BOONs & RIFT Update

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Katiechops, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

When your on TS, just PM or poke anyone with a "S" after their name as they can give you member access.

Note: Chops is one of these people but your best not asking him as he may ban you instead of upgrading your account :p

Also, the little "S" thing looks like this.....

[IMG]
  3. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Those that can do this are Aspira, Tal, Acina and Chops (although I agree with Aspira about the likely hood of being banned), we will be on through the night.
  4. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Why not give server admin to trusted people? It's annoying having to pester people to upgrade people.

Give it to me, gir, alaisy, nerien, aaz etc at least, so we don't have to fuck around.
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I actually thought that Pete had it as well. At the end of the day its not up to me :(
  6. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

RAGE!!!!! Unscheduled late meeting at work. RAGE!!!!!
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

8. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Don't worry Acina, servers crashed 5 mins after they went up, afking till midnight is probably the best anyones going to do.
  9. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

10. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

After sitting down to hammer out lvl 1-16 in one sitting, I'm hooked.

Whilst the game is almost exactly "like wow" in a lot of ways, its a hundred times more fun.

I don't know if they plan to keep the rifts as they are currently, but its been completely crazy tonight and I've had an absolute blast.

I really, really hope you guys decide to take the game up full-time (at least until GW2 is released).
  11. Offline

Juggernaught Classic Guild Member

After my first impressions of Rift yesterday I slept on it and reflected at what I had experienced so far.

Its simply wow 2.0, but in a good way. They have taken everything that works well in wow and made it better.
    I cant speak for the PvP so far but skill system, talent trees and quests are pretty much just a spiced up version of wow.

I like the fact that you get loads of skills already from lvl 6 and on. The leveling is easy and fast, altough we dont know how it scales yet at later levels.

My first impression yesterday was, been there, done that. But as I progressed longer and longer into the game I actually liked it more and more.

I will for sure give it a go until GW2 is out.
  12. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

About the quests from the view of a new player to WoW, I started after the cataclysm 1-60 zone remake.

The depth and interest I had of nearly every single quest during the time leveling from 1 to 60 is way above anything I've still seen in Rift.

I feel these Rift quests are just these simple go kill collect quests where you mainly just accept the quest and go do them without caring about the story much at all. So far in Rift I've got to level 11 I've hardly managed to grasp any story at all and I don't feel anything I've done so far has accounted for anything in what's happening in the game.
    To compare this to WoW where I felt involved and had fun doing nearly every single quest (there where some bad ones) and I found the story around most of them quite interesting and I actually cared about what was happening, reading quest texts and actually enjoying doing the quests compared to seeing them as a way to get to max level I had fun doing them.

That's my point of view on quests which is quite a big factor for me in games now after experiencing WoW for the first time. (Yep I absolutley hated Outlands, was really boring doing it)

As for PvP hardly done any, but didn't find the battleground any fun, might be me playing a tank though but it was just annyoing.

Only good thing I've come across so far is how the talents work and how the game looks nothing else yet.

Will give it a try up to level 30 but so far doubt I'm gonna play it at release if it looks like it does for the first 10 levels for the whole game.

Thats my view on the thing so far.

TLDR: I hate the quests, like the talents and environment, hardly tried PvP so far in Rift.
  13. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Tbh if you want to compare it to wow and give it a version number it's more like wow 0.7.
    Having nice landscape graphics doesn't make it 2.0

Until we get to the instances and see what mid/endgame rifting is all about + relation to PVP it's hard to really judge.

If you went back and looked at aion and said "wow 2.0 lol meightz" based on level 1-20... you'd be extremely wrong, same here and same any mmo.

I struggled to have any enthusiam for levelling in this game until we got a group going last night and then it was fun ( but that was because of who I was playing with, not because of any groundbreaking group mechanics ).
  14. Offline

I have to agree with you there. There isnt anything groundbreaking in Rift. Not that I have seen so far anyway.

But look at the mechanics. They are working well and the talent trees give a very large number of options / playstyles which I think can cater to almost everyone.

Are the quests bad?
    Well I havent even read a single one of them so honestly I dont know. If I sat down, read the quests and actually tried to get into the backstory / lore I guess it would matter more, but since lore isnt what I care about then I dont mind quests that are "boring".

Like you said Shan, can we judge a game based on early level play? Hell no, but ofc we can try and see if we like it so far.

Like any other mmorpg this game will only be as good as the community / players.
  15. Offline

Tal The Architect

People don't read quests any more, lets face it.

Honestly that was the major thing I loved about 1-20 in Age of Conan, you just felt so involved with the game and it wasn't tiresome. Shame the game sucked after 20!!
  16. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

So true Tal, was awesome early on, great shame :(

I've not played Rift and don't really intend to, played WoW for 2 years, in an amazing guild, had a great laugh...but I've been there done that, be it 0.7 or 2.0 or 3.0 at the end of the day people are all comparing it to WoW, and I personally quit WoW because I was bored of it, its PvE crap and battleground static pre-made battleground who's got the best group setup rubbish.

If a true remake of DAoC (which WAR was meant to sort of be) happened then I would be all for it, proper good world PvP forts which are more than just 1 door and 4 walls, objectives that matter, rewards that affect everybody meaning they are worth getting and keeping, where proper tactics/good players can overcome 10x your number....mmmm yum.

And ffs 3 factions! (or alliance/guild)
  17. Offline

I guess thats why developers are changing it for both GW2 and SWTOR with no quest texts but immersive quests /Public quests.

I also dont get why devs simply dont understand the basic fact that large scale PvP needs 3 factions in order to combat the swing mechanic.
  18. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

More work involved? who knows

Tell you though, without anything near it the best PvP I've ever had was ganging up on the dominant race with the other faction in DAoC, or being massively outnumbered while both realms fought to attack the 'relic' fort to take Excalibur (or whatever other relic was in there) or all 3 fighting over 1 fort, simply epic.
  19. Offline

Ary Community Member

DAoC <3

Oh hi all :p Lez go Rift ?
  20. Offline

I wouldnt say it requires more work, simply make the quests fewer and count for more.
    Why does Devs seem to think we need 1 Bazillion quests before reaching max lvl.

I say give us a quest chain per area and tie it into the storyline instead. So we feel connected to the story instead of the usual "kill 10 wolves" and hand me the paws crap.

I prefer doing 1 massive meaningful quest that gives loads of XP instead of running my ass off doing 100 minor quests that mean squat.