Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Firoz, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

By the way, am I correct in assuming that release date is october 31st in the EU and 29th in the US? How to avoid this? Edit: apperantly even nov 1st in the UK.
  2. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

probably using a proxy server to bypass the first authentication, like when BF3 got released.
  3. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Just preordered a physical copy (had a surprise coupon and little money to spend). So I'll see you guys the 31st, if the mailman is helpful.
  4. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

5. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

crap video tbh.
    All it showed was that you should avoid the SP element of BF4 unless you like generic as fuck CoD SP games full of scripted cutscenes instead of solid gameplay.
  7. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

As if dropping the CoD argument was not generic as fuck. There's a real contest in this thread for the golden bandana 2013, seems Fizzee took the lead again.
  8. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Wow this map looks really interesting, especially when he shows the on-foot footage after the helicopter segment.

Definitely an improvement in level design over battlefield 3
  9. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

We Europeans will have access to the preload on monday and to the game on friday.
    However we can bypass this by using a korean VPN or proxy and start downloading today (+- 6pm CET time)
    and play the game on monday.

I assume most know how this works.
    http://spys.ru/free-proxy-list/kr/ for proxy servers.

1) Login on origin using the vpn.
    2) Start the download
    3) Disconnect the VPN
    4) Enjoy your download

For the release it will probably work the same, but you'll have to launch the game (Battlelog) and after the authentication you can use your normal IP again.

NOTE: EA has stated they don't like it if you use this method. There are rumors they might ban you when they catch you in action. But they wont. Everybody and his mom has been doing this for previous games.
  10. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Weren't you banned for doing something everybody and his mom were doing before?
  11. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

I am not banned, anywhere.
    /edit: Oh that ban, yes :p

But It's save to use this.
  12. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

13. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

I guess there wont be any eu servers though, i think ill pass. I can wait a few more days :p
  14. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

I'll receive my copy on thursday anyways (hopefully) and I've got the patience. I'll see you thursday (or friday for across the pond).
  15. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

I have to study next weekend for a big exam. Hence why I really want to play this week. ;)
  16. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Almost time to kill!

[IMG]
  17. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

bad emblem bad!
  18. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

That might have been my plan, Fozia? ;)
    My leet emblem will cause massive rage!
  19. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

dammit firoz i told you the swastika is not the way to go!
  20. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON