Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fallanx, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

omg it look awesome!
  2. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

Hud looks minimal[IMG]
  3. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

non playable demo has been showed at GDC, all previews are the same, its going to kick ass
  4. Offline

Juggernaught Classic Guild Member

Already purchased it ofc....
    Cant wait..
  5. Offline

Ebel Veteran BOON

6. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

very nice vid Ebel, the solo seems decent for once in the series; even if i'm not looking forward it.

bad quality here of some solo footage, animation getting on the mg @2m0 is really good.
  7. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Does this follow the story of BF2BC2?

The gfx look immense, loving the dragging your mate out of the way and the blood splatter
  8. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

introducing melee combat in this one, nothing too great but still good body awarness; i want multiplayer footage ;o

9. Offline

Ceeo Community Member

God damn this is going to be so awesome :D
  10. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

11. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

I CAME!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

New PC or GTFO ^^
  13. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

According to various websites and a date; removed since; on EA downloader, the game should release early november. Some say 3rd or 7th november.
    7 more month to wait ffs...
  14. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

too many releases in the same time -.-
  15. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

what exactly makes this game so much better then all the other generic FPS games that have come out so much lately? sounds like another 50 Euro's I won't spend (or is it 60 euro's nowadays -_-). Unless you properly play the game cooperatively and competitively I don't see the point.

I look at the video and see nothing amazing, what is so special bar from graphics which will rape my current spec system? I bought BFBC2, played it for 2-3 hrs and never again, cba launching it at all. Sure guns shoot great, sure looks great but nothing that kept me playing it. Granted I do like non-realistic games more but still people seem to be all over this and I don't get it.
  16. Offline

Shantotto Guest

The casual FPS crowd wank over graphics, the hardcore crowd are still playing QW, Q3, UT99, CS, etc.

Games where the skill level is so high the nub nub mcscrub brigades faces bleed and drip into their keyboards. ( well, let's exclude CS from that :p ).
  17. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

If you never played BF2 you cant understand :(
  18. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

bf 1942 was better =P
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Fixed.

Source is what killed the skill in CS because it was more friendly than the normal version (bigger hitboxes etc.). CS is still a great game, not as great as 1.5 before STEAM gayed it up, but its still good and still requires a good level of skill.

I have to say though, I agree with the statement on modern shooters being quite unskilled. I haven't played an FPS competatively in about 7 or 8 years now and haven't played on as my main game in about 5 years and yet I can still log into Black Ops and top the score boards on a hardcore server. BFBC2 was a little harder because of the map sizes, but again, no practice, casual play, log in with a couple mates, kill the server because it becomes too one sided.

BF3 visually looks incredable, but unless it is more skill based than the current FPS offerings in the BF series and the CoD franchise, then it will be another casual play noob stomping game.

Also, is there a price out on this yet ? I imagine its going to be like a one billion pounds like all the other modern day shooters seem to be priced.

Slightly offtopic but relevant:
    Can't understand why skill is becoming less and less important in games, not just FPS games. It's like imagine a major sporting competition like say the Olympics, but giving all the shit competitors a huge headstart so the good guys have less of a change to win and the crap players stand more of a chance..... you wouldn't remove the skill from that, so why games which are arguably as competitive ?
  20. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I did play BF2 aswell, don't see your point still prefer 1942..and even then it was just another FPS with more people on 1 server and vehicles.