Bastion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shantotto, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Repeater fully specced with scatter shot special = pwnage. The shots home-in and the scatter shot sends out about 12 shots which home in as well.

Repeater, musket is my prefered loadout so far. Musket for the knockback basically.
  2. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Have you done the dream challenges w/ that setup?
  3. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Yeah, with the dps for health and 15% damage reduction drinks I have done 3 idol without using a pot.
  4. Offline

Shantotto Guest

You can do 3 w/ any combination of weapons, btw that no hp/black pot from monsters idol, prevents any additional pots/flasks during the dreams as well.

My fav song from the game is probably this one:

5. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I gave this a go and it's ok for the cookpot dream w/ 5 idols, but I think it will struggle a ton w/ more idols, especially on the other 2 dreams.

I'm up to here anyway, those 10 idol ones are going to be silly :p

[IMG]
  6. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

That song is amazing.

I should get this game.
  7. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

heh right clicked the video, checked youtube comment. said important moment in the game, saving it for later. Will start playing this game soon, once Galactic Civ II starts boring me (80 hrs played now, its as good as Alpha Centauri), I'm not sure if that will ever happen but w/e!
  8. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Most of the songs are amazing:

I'd post the ending song, but i don't wanna spoil that experience :p
  9. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Fuck yeah.

Just completed kid's dream w/ 10 idols.
  10. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

zia's song is proly the best in the game. also the most emotional once you figured out whats going on.

for those not convinced yet due to shanto's usually horrible bad taste: MetaCritic
  11. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Just finished the game (I don't care much for achives, I just wanted the story.)
    If that game doesn't get some awards I'll be seriously suprised.

If you want a nice action RPG with a superb story, Beautiful art style, Tight controls, outstanding music and sounds.... need I go on.
    Play this game!
  12. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Have you played through new game plus yet? ( opens up after you watch through credits ).

There are also two endings depending on which choice you take.
  13. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Here's how I did The Kids Dream w/ 10 idols active: ( 1080p available if you watch on youtubez ).

14. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

finally completed the dreams with 5 idols active, using fully upgraded repeater and skillspam. worked like a charm :D
  15. Offline

Shantotto Guest

When I get back from work today I'm going to try and beat the other two dreams w/ 10 idols on as well.

The survivors dream ( bed ) felt fairly easy, the singers dream always felt like a tough one due to the mass amounts of small shit thats gonna suck on 10 idol mode.
  16. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Beat Survivors Dream ( Zulfs/ Bed one ) w/ all ten idols on:

17. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Wow this game is really awesome! And this music is best i ever heard in any game.
  18. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

Sounds a bit like Diablo imo, but as far as best game soundtrack goes: Journey to Silius NES 8bit mkay. :nerrrr:
  19. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

It's an action rpg.... That's about where the similarity to diablo ends.

Until you play it it's very hard to justify why you have to play bastion. But play for a few hours and you'll be hooked.
  20. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

I was commenting on the music only, otherwise it looked rather dull to me.