ArcheAge

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

Man now i want to play AoW again even tho it has its flaws it has some unique stuff and the best combat i've ever played especially 1v1, the flying skills the blocking/block breaking to the counter attacks. Daily scripts(skill) steals of other schools that you can either learn or sell you can also defend your school and get what ever skills you take from players and able to return to your library without dying :D, its a shame snail is a shitty company
  2. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

Bad game is bad.

So will we finally see an end to RIFT as well if Trion dies? :eek:
  3. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

relevant :
  4. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

After seeing that video I am also mad. Doesn't look that good and those troll fluffys need to die in a fire.
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I dunno what happened between the last cbt and release, but the version I played in cbt is nothing like thebrelease version.

So mad because the game was sooo good and had such great potential and its been thrown away by really crappy changes (feedback from the cbts must have been shit).

Seems all great games get dicked by a bad decision eventually... cough cough aion free transfers cough cough.
  6. Offline

Law Community Member

That was the worst. Same with Guild Wars 2. Allowing people to bail out of a server is retarded. I was on a NA server in launch and was going great until they allowed Transfers. Then the server got empty real fast.

The problem with game's are not the teams behind them its the fucking Publishers. Retarded geed is annoying.
  7. Offline

Necroci Community Member

Does anyone know how to actually get on to the Russian or Korean servers?
  8. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Tvar said it for me, ffs. This game was supposed to be about building your own factions, cities, pirate fleets, pvping the fuck out of each other,, and more and more its turning into some freak show theme park.
  9. Offline

Law Community Member

We will never see that kind of sweet treats in games now. There has been so many attempts at open sandbox's and people just can't take losing everything to another player.
  10. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

tbh full loot does not suit fantasy mmo's like it does eve
  11. Offline

Law Community Member

There has been a few games set in fantasy that gave full loot and they worked. Then loads of companies tried it as well and flopped hard making the market not appealing.
    What worries me now a days is if they made a L3 would they make it pussy mode mmo or like L2 gaming.

AA was looking to be such a good game but then as soon as I heard who was the Western publisher I was like hahahahaha nope set sail for fail!.
  12. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

I guess this thread has "go back to WoW" all over it as well soon. :p
  13. Offline

Law Community Member

I have never played WoW also never wanted to. But even now I am kinda like meh just play it since everything else sucks and everyone else is playing it! NO NO I must not fall of the path of the one. I have been strong for nearly 10 Years or however long since it was Beta! I can go the distance!

14. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

no matter what people say about wow there is not a chance in hell that you will be disappointed if you tried it, actually there is but i doubt it. It's a great game, still is
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

If you have never played wow Law then you should try it.

Everyone should have tried wow at some point or another, its one of those games you need to experience.
  16. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I just played wow and you know what I missed the most,, being made to do 10 mins traveling across the world to get to an instance and ganking each other at its entrance etc, WTB a mmo that makes me run across the world on foot where I might die suddenly! I miss that shit.
  17. Offline

Tumbleweed Classic Guild Member

Or spending 10 minutes traveling across the world to get to the entrance of a dungeon where you can spend the rest of the evening with your friends annoying the fuck out of the opposing faction members who would be attempting to group up there for said dungeon by murdering them repeatedly. Sadly these are stories of a game that WoW is no longer.
  18. Offline

Law Community Member

Yea but I also have the problem in mind where if I do enjoy it I am going to be so angry with myself for not playing it! Double edge sword.

Eve-Online was like this, setup a fleet prime time, spend 2hours real life time to travel to targets home system. Gank, run from a bigger fleet, gank people who chased to far and head home. From leaving home system to target system and back, I had to FC (Command on Comms) for about 6hours every night every day for 2years lol. Was so tiring but so damn worth it.
    The best was hearing on comms people being left behind and dying to a small group of hyena type pilots killing off the rear of the fleet.
    Then if you died you knew you would be missing out hearing the battle on comms. Then checking the killboard (My Eve Stats) to see how the fight went down.
    Ahhh so much fun. That is what makes mmo's imo knowing if you fuckup you lose it all and miss out on the good stuff. Made you a better gammer. Got rid of the babys! Those were the days of days!
  19. Offline

HardKoar Community Member

The biggest problem with FFA is the value of the items people do lose when killed.
    Just take a look back at UO , losing reagents (if caster) or a fucking catana / polearm (melee) and the equivalent plate armor or leather armor meant absofuckinglutely nothing .

Why? You could craft so many they'd come out of your ass with simply 20-30 minutes of gathering the mats right outside your house.
    Now with all the flashy sparkly gear that people obtain with hours and hours of raiding troughout months make FFA pvp totally impossible.
    Honestly who would want to lose months of effort invested into achieving said gear?

Make gear meaningless and easily obtainable by any random Jack and watch how no one will give a flying fuck about losing it or even looting it from the playres you kill in a FFA pVp environment but most importantly watch how everyone that play the game is there to PVP and not to sit in town with raid gear weaving their virtual cock boasting about its size-
  20. Offline

Tvar Classic Officer

Brah, if we had to drag you all over the world to actually get you into those instances, I would have quit before you did.

This is something you can do after you're max level, fully geared in every way, know all raid encounters by heart in every instance, got no raids, got nothing to do, or you can ofc choose to stay and gank and loose valuable time in the gear/progress race that is reality.

Start living in the now, you all got such old romantic notions about things that only worked back then, when the world was n00b.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.