Anime Discussion/Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shantotto, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Herd = to herd sheep
    Heard = I heard what you said or heard you like...

:p
  2. Offline

Tal The Architect

so i herd u liek mudkips
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

yeah it was supposed to be deliberately spelled like that, but I forgot the ''u'' and ''liek''. Picky bastard :p
  4. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

pfft I r only pickin on u as it b ur bday dude!
  5. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU
  6. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

[IMG]
  7. Offline

Feidan Community Member

I curse myself for not starting to list things I have watched few years ago. Now there are just to many for me to be bothered.
  8. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

haha, same, untill Tal told me to, i started picking up some, but i'm sure several will just be forgotten :p
  9. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Oh yeah this is like one of the greatest animes ever. Go watch and tell me I'm not crazy :)

Detroit Metal City

Basic plot: Nice rural japanese kid who's into swedish pop music moves to tokyo, but the only music job he could get was in a metal band.

It's god tier.
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Looking for subbed versions of Blood-C as Blood+ was epic and I think all the episodes of Blood-C have been shown on Japanese TV now ? They are making an anime movie of Blood due out next year according to some Anime forums.

Also, Black Rock Shooter starts January 2012, and its going to be epic.

Here is the OVA for it.......

11. Offline

Feidan Community Member

First BRS wasn't as good as anticipated. Hopefully second will be better.
  12. Offline

Shantotto Guest

BRS seemed a bit generic, there's loads of anime in the past few years where you watch it and it's like lead character is 1/2 character A from anime A and 1/2 character B from anime B, and the art design of the character is stereotypical anime type C.
  13. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Generic, dragged and actually a bit boring. They could do anything with BRS since they only had the character designs given beforehand. They could make many great battles without being held by anything and use their imagination to the fullest. The artists could go all out with it. Out of all the stories they could come up with it doesn't even look like they tried. This is turning into a rant.
  14. Offline

Shantotto Guest

The problem is about 90%+ of anime coming out fits into the "so generic I can't watch" category, and it's put me off even trying as it takes like 10-20hrs watching the first 2-3 eps of a series just to figure out if it's awful or not.
  15. Offline

Feidan Community Member

I watch 3 eps for every show before dropping. Worked like a treat for Madoka otherwise would drop on second episode. Dropped more then a half this season...
  16. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I've heard some good things about Steins;Gate, anyone watching it?
  17. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

first 9 issues just popped up on mangastream, would usually ignore but my boss is off today so ill have plenty of time to read through it i guess
  18. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Steins;Gate is quite good. Not mind blowing and starts a bit slow but becomes quite interesting later on.
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Hmm, this thread seems to have died since Shanto left.

This is the stuff on TV atm....

[IMG]

Does anyone know where I can get Black Rock Shooter season 1 with English subs ?
  20. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Where are my Berserk movies?????