2012 GSL Season 1

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Xom, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Tuesdays Code A and todays Code S games were all really good. Todays games were probably better than Tuesdays (without giving any spoilers) but they are all worth watching if you have the spare time.
    All the foreigners apart from Sen for stomped on Tuesday, was pretty bad to watch as they were all so outplayed. Todays Code S was really entertaining. MVP got eliminated, I mean, major upset it a major upset. Maybe NesTea will go all the way this season since he seems to always fall when he meets MVP.
  2. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Who KO'd MVP? Are those matches worth it?
  3. Offline

Kammie Community Member

Yeah it was worth it mask, was a little sad to see the person who lost, lose :p
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Maskerad - It is definitely worth watching them. Details in spoiler below if you want to know without watching.

MVP lost to Gumiho then had to play Curious. He managed to beat Curious but then had to play Gumiho again. They went 1:1 but it was Gumiho who took the 3rd game knocking MVP down to Code A. The amazing thing was, Gumiho was playing mech against MVP and beating him, which is insane since MVP is given credit as the best mech-ing terran in SC2.
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Code S today had some epic TvP.

Good games all round.

Can't believe SuperNova dropped out :(
    MMA was really close to getting dropped too, excellent games by Oz but just not enough to see him through.
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Code S Ro16 Group C today.

Found todays games to be pretty poor tbh.

I would have to say that I now agree with the "protoss OP" argument. Seems there is no punishment for Protoss when they have bad engagements and throw away all their units.

Its not good as a spectator to watch scrappy play beat precise play purely down to race mechanics.
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Code S Group D currently on atm.

NesTea, MKP, DRG, Genius.... sickest group of the tournament.

First two matches over, three left, tune in now if you can......
  8. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

How much are the yearly tickets?
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

10. Offline

adagio Moderator

11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

If you pay season by season, the yearly ticket is actually a bargain. Even more of a bargain if you bought it before December 31st 2011 where it was selling at a bigger discount.
  12. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

DRG vs. NesTea. Oh my gosh.
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

It thought it was epic.

I am off to cry though at MKP getting eliminated. TT
  14. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

It well made up for that. I usually HATE ZvZ but that was amazing
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

^ Spoiler inside spoiler inside spoiler inside spoiler insider spoiler lolololol.
  16. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

We have to go deeper into.....

Spoilerception!
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Just caught up with this weeks matches. If any of you missed them, go watch them, now, no matter what your doing, drop it and go watch them now.

Sickest Ro8 games I have seen in a long time in GSL.

Ro4 next week is gona be mindblowing.

Can't wait for aLive vs. Genius. That has the potential to be a truly epic series.
  18. Offline

Trixeh Veteran BOON

im telling ya...

team mvp finals (you heard it here 1st!)
  19. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Rarely seen as tense a game as the final game in the finals. Still shaking!
  20. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

The whole series was insane.
    So sad for Genius though, he really deserves a title for being one of the most inventive players in the game when it comes down to strategies. Well done to DRG though.

On a side note, MKP won his Code A game so it means he is back in Code S for next season. Season 2 for MKP!!!
    Did they cut the KPOP from the VODs again or was there no KPOP show at this finals ? (I didn't watch it live as I was out).