Your Experiences...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Dragonay, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Offline

Dragonay Community Member

Maybe stupid request, but can anyone tell me bout their Powertech experience.

I was going for SA, but checking out other classes as well.
    Looking at what the guild needs and the possibility that I will apply *again* when and if I get my new job, I wanted to compare Assassin with Powetech.

Normally I always play Assassin but wanna try something else.

Anything would help with my decision :)
  2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

very hard to compare these classes

but the powertech is a mobile mid range dps (if i am to compare it with the vanguard, since i only played that not the powertech) It has a very nice damage tree and good tanking capabilitys.

The assassin is a melee class with damage/tanking capability, a great class as well.

So it comes down to what type of armor, looks and weapons you want tbh
  3. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

vanguard is exactly the same or so im led to believe?

powertech is definitly a tanky spec, shieldtech is their talent tree for pure tanking, it's what i tried in the beta. pretty damned fun, and a tough class. I found myself soloing most of the elite quests without realising until they gave me the reward. I'm hoping with their heavy armor plus all the armor and damage reduction buffs they get that shieldtech powertechs will end up one of if not the best single target boss tanks.

For pvp, there's some videos Hsulf posted that you should watch. They use the advanced prototype tree and it just looks insane good. It's definitly the tree i'll be taking for pvp. The guy in the videos seems to take very little damage, but once he gets in close he can focus most classes down real fast. plus grapple helps get close. Got some nice CC moves too incase you get a little overwhelmed.

can't offer any direct comparisons as i havn't played assassin, but I was definitly enjoying BH PT
  4. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

yeah meant to say tank not dps there. But powertechs and vanguards are like the hidden gems nobody cba to play :p

Its the same with the sniper for that matter
  5. Offline

yeah, when I saw those sniper videos I was instantly tempted to switch. long range DPS always end up being the best choices for DPS in PVE and PVP. In Pve they avoid close range AoE that melee can't, and in pvp theres obvious advantages, attacking when enemy can't, etc. Plus insane damage.

If we were overpopulated on tanks, i'd definitly switch, but we have few tanks and fewer BH's, so I'll stick with this. BH are cooler anyway!
  6. Offline

I was well impressed by the first vid, the guy took on 2/3 at once at some point without the HP dropping insanely fast and he still did some amazingly fast DPS....
    I just don't know bout the looks -.- SA looks badass Revan-like.

I'll see if I can make a PT build and I'll prolly end up flipping a coin on this.

Thanks for the info guys
  7. Offline

don't know about the looks?! what? WHAT?! if boba fett were around to see you saying he looks less cool than a sith you'd be top of his list of bountys! I'm shocked and appalled :p
  8. Offline

Seems like i'll have to apologize to Boba Fett xD Powertech won the coinflip -.-
  9. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Powertech > all!
    GImme 8 man BH team pvp please! Show Bioware how op we really are! Muwhahahhwahahhwhahwhahwh.
  10. Offline

3 merc DPS 2 merc healers 3 BH DPS! we'd show those jedi a lesson
  11. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

This ^^
  12. Offline

hahaa Imagine a BH const pty =D would be epic!

Now I gotta build me a nice build...again...
  13. Offline

PVP Build

Tank Build

Minor modifications could be done i guess, but I dont think anything is worth changing from them
  14. Offline

Cheers.
    Had most of that going in the build ye. Might change later when I get to know the class gehhe
  15. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Our BH team will be the imba team for sure.
  16. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Too bad you'll only ever have max 4 of them in an ops that matter really, 2 pt's and 2 mercs. I'm sad >_>
  17. Offline

took me awhile to work out what you meant, but didn't i read something about being unable to queue with 8? so it's only premades of 4? ah well, dream ruined.

THANKS TVAR NOW IM GOING TO CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP.
  18. Offline

fail -.-
    Let's do it L2 Oly style then, just keep exiting and entering untill you get a full BH team :D
  19. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Yeah you can only queue 4man premades for PvP, but I was actually refering to the PvE and 8-16 man raids so to speak. Maybe the wrong forum for it (but since I care) in an 8man ops, you'd bring one of each AC I reckon, and in a 16man you'd bring two, to make things fair if you have a big guild or whatever.
  20. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

"Bring the player, not the class."

Alternatively..

"You can lead a Warrior to PvP, but you can't keep it out of the fire."